• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Is this Nasal Discharge?

Mohit Gaur

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mohit Gaur
Shared album - Rids Gaur - Google Photos
I am keeping an eye on my buddy to avoid any kind of ignorance. So, today morning I noticed her nostrils this way, first 3 photos are of that little bit clear nostril. Is everything fine with this one? Last 3 photos belobe to the nostril where something is there for sure! What's this and what steps should I take?

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Yes I'm afraid that doesn't look good. Where are you from? Are there any avian vets near you? If you can't find an avian vet and vet that is willing to treat birds is your second best option. I'm fairly certain that your bird will at the very least need medication. Until you can find a vet keep your bird in a quiet warm place. I wish you and your bird well

Mohit Gaur

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mohit Gaur
Yes I'm afraid that doesn't look good. Where are you from? Are there any avian vets near you? If you can't find an avian vet and vet that is willing to treat birds is your second best option. I'm fairly certain that your bird will at the very least need medication. Until you can find a vet keep your bird in a quiet warm place. I wish you and your bird well
@Sarahmoluccan There's no good vet here, not even in 100-150 kms :-( What did you see in those photos?.. How serious the matter is!.. I am worried!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
What do other people do that have sick or injured birds in India. If you could tell us specifically where you live we may help you search for a vet. Mean time keep your bird in a humid area or run a humidifier near where your bird is located. You can also run the hot shower in the bathroom and take him in there every once in a while. This is just a comfort measure, not a cure. He needs antibiotics.

Mohit Gaur

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mohit Gaur
I am from Debai, a little town in district Bulandshahr in Uttar Pradesh (My state). I trying to find someone in Delhi (national capital) if you guys can help I'll thankful to you for life Also, She's still alert, playful and active ...what are other symptoms should i look for? What you think the issue is? Cold? Should I upload more photos or videos?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Birds don't catch colds. There are a few diseases that are transferable between humans and animals, but a cold is not one of them. Your baby looks as if it has something stuck in his nostril and it is causing an irritation to the nostril. You would be far better off having a vet remove the obstruction, but it may come out on it's own.

I found this vet clinic in Lucknow. Shukla Veterinary Clinic - Services | Facebook Maybe you can call them and find a vet closer to you if this one is too far away.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Can you gently get that out yourself with a moist QTip ? I have two birds that are floor bound and they're nares get dirty like that, I clean them myself..you can do it. You must be very careful though

Mohit Gaur

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mohit Gaur
Can you gently get that out yourself with a moist QTip ? I have two birds that are floor bound and they're nares get dirty like that, I clean them myself..you can do it. You must be very careful though
Lemme try this She's quite friendly with me now ..so I believe she will let me clean it. @Birdbabe I am quite worried about her, what you think is the issue? Infection? Is it life threatening? :-(

Mohit Gaur

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mohit Gaur
Birds don't catch colds. There are a few diseases that are transferable between humans and animals, but a cold is not one of them. Your baby looks as if it has something stuck in his nostril and it is causing an irritation to the nostril. You would be far better off having a vet remove the obstruction, but it may come out on it's own.

I found this vet clinic in Lucknow. Shukla Veterinary Clinic - Services | Facebook Maybe you can call them and find a vet closer to you if this one is too far away.
Thanks for this I am dialling them right now, let's hope they will be able to help!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Lemme try this She's quite friendly with me now ..so I believe she will let me clean it. @Birdbabe I am quite worried about her, what you think is the issue? Infection? Is it life threatening? :-(
I honestly am not a vet and able to tell you, but, at least if you can clean her nares,, it will help her to breathe. Educated guess is just dirt, dust.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Wishing you luck with the vet and that they can help your bird.
And safe travels getting to the hospital.