• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Another fix it Terry!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
@Dartman

Larry and Larry inexperienced guys from CL tore down the kitchen sink in the bird room in the wood cabinet after the water filter leaked and soaked the drywall. They did a good job replacing the drywall with waterproof sheeting but the floor was tile less so they cut a wood 1/2” plywood rectangle for the hole and taped the ends with masking tape lol. It’s a dirt trap...the girls just cleaned the floor. Non toxic 0 voc gorilla glue? There is that other thing that you use to seal bathtubs ...oh yeah caulk. What do you think?

6BA5682C-B8DC-4471-82FD-1335E54A6721.jpeg P

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Bathtub caulk might work but not sure how pet safe it is. I spose you could try to redo the tiles around the area after sealing that spot really good. John probably has some experience dealing with issues like that you might want to tag him as well and a Google search would probably turn up all kinds of ideas and videos to try and deal with it properly.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Bathtub caulk might work but not sure how pet safe it is. I spose you could try to redo the tiles around the area after sealing that spot really good. John probably has some experience dealing with issues like that you might want to tag him as well and a Google search would probably turn up all kinds of ideas and videos to try and deal with it properly.
thanks Terry! there is non toxic odor free caulk avaialble. @JLcribber

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Well, that is good to know. I use it a lot at work and we usually end up with the low odor stuff and I recaulked my bathtub area when we moved in but none of that directly affected Lurch, or now Dobby so never really worried about it. I'm sure the big box stores carry it then so something to look out for next time I'm at Home Depot or Ace.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I assume this is an access panel that may need to be accessed in the future? If so you can't really permanently seal it. If you want it sealed permanently I would at least get a metal plate instead of plywood. Then you can glue it down with any construction adhesive because the glue is on the underside and not exposed to the birds. Caulking is not glue. It won't hold the plate down.

This is what I would do but you may not be comfortable with that?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I assume this is an access panel that may need to be accessed in the future? If so you can't really permanently seal it. If you want it sealed permanently I would at least get a metal plate instead of plywood. Then you can glue it down with any construction adhesive because the glue is on the underside and not exposed to the birds. Caulking is not glue. It won't hold the plate down.

This is what I would do but you may not be comfortable with that?

thanks! No it's not an access panel. When they ripped the wood cabinets out we found the floor under it wasn't tiled!!