• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our Conure Needs a Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neff

Checking out the neighborhood
Checking out the neighborhood
My wife picked up a green cheek conure back in 2014 (Sergio) (he was born in February 2014. We both knew these birds required a lot of attention, and at the time we had plenty to give. Over time an unexpected shift in lifestyle drastically reduced the amount of time we had to spend with him. The less we spend time with him, the more unruly he has become.constantly screeching, flying all over the place, in general, just being totally unruly. I don't blame him, I'd be upset too if those I loved didn't spend as much time with me as they used to.

Currently he is very cranky and screechy which tells me he needs to relocate.

He loves my wife dearly. He loves to cuddle with her, climb all over her shoulders and get in her hair. Hang upside down from her fingers. His favorite toys are bells and things he can shred with his beak.

We did have to take him in to have his right leg reset (somehow he broke it in two places. The only thing we can figure is he got it caught in a rope toy and broke it trying to get free). The doctor did an excellent job resetting it. You can't even tell he broke it.

To wrap this up, I need to find a new home for him. But not just any home. He needs to be with someone familiar with birds, who can spend a lot of time with him, work with him and maybe even have a companion for him to enjoy. I don't just want to dump him off on someone who want's a bird because they're "neat". I want someone who genuinely cares and would truly love him. I don't like giving up animals because they are part of your family, but in this case, it is all about him, not me.

I am willing to give him up at no cost to a home that will be beneficial to him.

Any information or help would be greatly appreciated. Please email me directly if you have any information that could help.

I will provide my email upon request (unless it's already available on this site. I'm new here please forgive me).

We live in SouthEastern Washington state.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I wish Sergio weren't so far away but I'll also wish that he finds a soft place to land, hopefully with an AA Member. He sounds like my alpha gcc, Beni, who is a momma's boy and was/still is my first gcc.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am happy to share via Facebook for help. I have lots of rescue people on there. Individual cheekies are much easier to place than pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.