• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rehoming my Hyacinth

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodadz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leilani
I must sell my male Hyacinth. He is about 10 years old and through his transition. He comes with a double macaw cage, light, large java tree stand, toys, and a vet check. There is a fee associated, it is large. He is in good health. You must pick up, no shipping. Maryland residents only.

I also have for sale 2 severe macaws, male and female. They are not related and both under 10 years old. They are bonded but not mated. Fee associated. They come with their cage, light, nest box and toys. Vet check at new owner's expense. You must pick up, no shipping.

I wanted to offer them here on AA before I explored other options. PM me. Serious inquiries only.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope you find them a nice home. Would be great if they went to someone here.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry you have to rehome your macaws. Hope you find wonderful new homes for them or perhaps one wonderful new home so they can stay together.

doodadz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leilani
I am very sad. I just am about at my limit of being able to cobble my life together. Lots of things going on that I am responsible for and not doing any of them very well. My children deserve better. They are currently fairly well adjusted and healthy. I can help them onto a new place and maybe we will all be a bit better adjusted. The littles never played well with others and currently have their own room. Hopefully they will go together. All you can do is do your best to send them on to a better place. I am calling that in for them.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I'd love a Hy, but I'm a schoolteacher. Financially, it's probably not in the cards for me. :(

I hope the birds all find soft landings.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well...hopefully the bird will come before the dollar but IDK that you have to be careful as if you under price rehome then there is the possibility of flip...

A HY is a huge commitment but a huge bird!!!!

I'm in awe of the size of my Penny!!! She's all the bird I need...

Hoping these birds will fly into loving capable hands...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Was someone here awhile ago looking for a hy or an I remembering incorrectly?

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I have always wanted one, but it’s not financially possible for me either :(

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I'd love a Hy, but I'm a schoolteacher. Financially, it's probably not in the cards for me. :(

I hope the birds all find soft landings.

It should be if he’s really concerned about where the bird goes (very cheap or free).

Pipper

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Andy
Wow, maybe a zoo? Such a bird practically requires a rich person to keep them as a pet.

NYCAmazon2

Meeting neighbors
Wow, maybe a zoo? Such a bird practically requires a rich person to keep them as a pet.
I’ve seen them but have only had Greys. Do they have that many medical issues? Other than the original price what makes their care do expensive?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Other than the original price what makes their care do expensive?
Many require stainless steel cages as they can snap regular metal cage bars. Next, they destroy toys quickly with their powerful beaks. That becomes very expensive. Also, they require macadamia nuts in their diet, which are extremely expensive.

Pipper

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Andy
The food costs alone would be more than I can afford for a Hyacinth Macaw. They're very beautiful though.

NYCAmazon2

Meeting neighbors
@doodadz Please do not give your Hy to anyone who asks for him for little or no cost. That person will not be able to support him. Think of possible future medical care. If they cannot afford a rehoming fee how will they afford to finance a beak break repair? Or even a bone break for an accidental fall? If he develops Wasting Disease can they afford the medical bills or will they let him suffer? If you get to the point where you have to rehome him immediately than a forever rescue in my opinion would probably be best. They offer full medical care for life. The bird will always have contact with loving caring people but they are home. They are not continually rehomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.