• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Freddy the Little Stinker

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I figured this morning I would let Freddy out early to have lots of out of cage time. Until he stayed out until 1:10...and I have to go to work soon! We tap on his cage in a certain spot to get him to come out. Trying to catch my breath. I got him back in his cage by tapping on the spot that we tap on to get him to come out. It did work in Reverse he almost immediately responded to that and I responded with sunflower seeds. But even though I put sunflower seeds in his dish he wanted me to hand feed him some so I had to do that for a little bit. He's really working me quite bad LOL and I am falling for it hook, line and sinker! :blink:o_O

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Freddy is a cutie. :) Elvis always makes me hand feed him things. It's the only way he'll eat his fruit and vegetables. Very spoiled. However, yesterday, I tried to hand feed him a piece of pizza crust and that, he snatched up and ate by himself. :rolleyes:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
...again, another example of good human training...:rofl:
You should see him! He sits in front of his treat dish, I am thinking he's not eating because he wants more. He just sits there and stares at me. Joe said HE WANTS TO BE HAND FED, HE'S SPOILED! And I can't resist that little face! I gave him a couple, and he ate the others himself.
I know he's a good human trainer. :bored::hehe:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Freddy is a cutie. :) Elvis always makes me hand feed him things. It's the only way he'll eat his fruit and vegetables. Very spoiled. However, yesterday, I tried to hand feed him a piece of pizza crust and that, he snatched up and ate by himself. :rolleyes:
Wow now I don't feel so bad lol! To say I'm crazy about him would be an understatement lol! It's hard to not spoil them!

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I wouldn't spoil my fid that way... No WAY, nope not me, well maybe just a tad! Errr, well maybe just a little bit! Well Ok then... YES I SPOIL Pilo terribly! Happy now! :rofl:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Hahahahaha I wonder if they know how smitten we are...sometimes I wonder that, or if it's just a way of self gratification....hmmmm....when Freddy sits on Joe's shoulder lately I told him don't pet him with your hand, just rub your cheek against him. I do that and he instantly knows that affection. Birds show affection that way. He loves that. :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
....and why is it they can train us easier than we can train them?! Lol
...because THEY are the MASTERS OF THE KNOWN UNIVERSE...not us foolish humans! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
when Freddy sits on Joe's shoulder lately I told him don't pet him with your hand, just rub your cheek against him. I do that and he instantly knows that affection. Birds show affection that way. He loves that. :)
Milton rubs his cheek on you all the time...he also does it when he's flirting with a woman. The rubbing is usually in tandem with him saying, "I love you" in his most sexy 'too voice...;)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
And now someone will ruin that happy tone in this thread.. :o:
HE WANTS TO BE HAND FED, HE'S SPOILED!
I don't agree with that.
To hand feed them is to create a bond, and that is natural for them.
Look at how they are doing if they lives as a pair. They are feeding each other when they loves someone.
So every time you are allowed to "spoil" him, you are telling him that you loves him.
So I don't see it like you are spoiling them. Everything with food is a languish that they understand.

When Eliy (that is bonded to me) want to tell me that she loves me, she will feed me too. ♥ (and she don't care that I tell her, no, sorry, I'm not hungry. :p )

I got him back in his cage by tapping on the spot that we tap on to get him to come out. It did work in Reverse he almost immediately responded to that and I responded with sunflower seeds. But even though I put sunflower seeds in his dish he wanted me to hand feed him some so I had to do that for a little bit.
For a reason some parrots can feal that to go back in their cage is a punishment, (that is why I never put my birds in the cage if they have doing something bad) but if they can get you to hand feed them they will know that you still love them. I would gladly do that if my parrot was asking for it. :)

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
And now someone will ruin that happy tone in this thread.. :o:

I don't agree with that.
To hand feed them is to create a bond, and that is natural for them.
Look at how they are doing if they lives as a pair. They are feeding each other when they loves someone.
So every time you are allowed to "spoil" him, you are telling him that you loves him.
So I don't see it like you are spoiling them. Everything with food is a languish that they understand.

When Eliy (that is bonded to me) want to tell me that she loves me, she will feed me too. ♥ (and she don't care that I tell her, no, sorry, I'm not hungry. :p )

For a reason some parrots can feal that to go back in their cage is a punishment, (that is why I never put my birds in the cage if they have doing something bad) but if they can get you to hand feed them they will know that you still love them. I would gladly do that if my parrot was asking for it. :)
Oh I know...Joe likes to tease me, that's all...I cannot resist that little face, and neither can he! We put up a new hard top gazebo, fire pit & furniture and we haven't used it at all! We elect to stay with Freddy right now and he won't get into his carrier yet to go outside with us. (I know he can't be around the fire pit smoke) But don't worry, he's just as bad and we won't be unspoiling Freddy lol.

Lately when Freddy is chewing something undesirable we just redirect him to something he can chew, and if he gets nippy we just put him down, let him unwind, then pick him up again if it's time for his cage. I don't want him to associate his cage with anything except a safe place to land. :)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I don't want him to associate his cage with anything except a safe place to land. :)
Yes to this. :)
My girls see their cage as something to take a nap in, in the afternoons so they gladly go in their.

I often hear that people buy things to their parrots, and that is to spoil them. For me that is to love them. If you love them you want them to have everything they need so they will be happy.