• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where would you hide if you were a budgie?

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
No Lenny, and I fear the worst.

Yeah... being realistic sometimes is the pits, but I can relate. Since you put food and water out though, I am still holding out a teeny tiny hope for a miracle!

BirdManDan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dan
My thought exactly, trying to get to higher ground. I just didn't know if he might have been injured and crawled behind something.
I wouldn't think so, only because cats can squeeze into pretty tiny openings so if that was the case of Lenny crawling behind something I would think the cats would have persued and you would see evidence of that. It would not hurt to move all furniture out a bit and look. Sometimes furniture has no opening on the sides or front but do in the back. Good luck, I hope you find him soon!
LENNY
download (18).jpeg

Sylvester

Hit the Road
That's hard to believe! I'm sure the cats wouldn't have eaten all the feathers so he's got to be somewhere! Please don't give up yet!
Oh, I won't, trust me. This has all been surreal, like he vanished in thin air.

Last edited:

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Did you try the blacklight????

That day with the peeps had to be close...

I have been using the UV light, all over the house. I have moved the piano, furniture, and now am looking in rooms that I know the doors were closed that day.

I have one open vent at the top in one of my downstairs rooms, but I can't see him flying that far, that high, or going into a place that was blasting out cold air.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
I wouldn't think so, only because cats can squeeze into pretty tiny openings so if that was the case of Lenny crawling behind something I would think the cats would have persued and you would see evidence of that. It would not hurt to move all furniture out a bit and look. Sometimes furniture has no opening on the sides or front but do in the back. Good luck, I hope you find him soon!
LENNY
View attachment 282037

Thank you.

That is what is unnerving about this situation, the cats are not circling anything. I am not even seeing any evidence to suggest that Lenny ever existed.

Last edited:

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have you checked inside your shoes? Coat pockets?

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Have you checked inside your shoes? Coat pockets?

Heavy coats are stored away, shoes have been checked.

I am going to be honest, (mainly to myself) the fact that the cats are not acting riled up is a sign, and not a good one. They have far superior hearing to humans and have even detected mice behind the walls, while I heard nothing.

But at the same time if he is gone, they would not hesitate to circle his body or even play with it, so I am not exactly counting him out just yet.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Heavy coats are stored away, shoes have been checked.

I am going to be honest, (mainly to myself) the fact that the cats are not acting riled up is a sign, and not a good one. They have far superior hearing to humans and have even detected mice behind the walls, while I heard nothing.

But at the same time if he is gone, they would not hesitate to circle his body or even play with it, so I am not exactly counting him out just yet.
Do you think he could've made it outside?

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Do you think he could've made it outside?
I don't see how he could have made it to the outside. It was a five in the morning when I noticed gone and all doors to the outside were shut and locked. The three fireplaces are closed up, and my windows were down that morning.

But anything is possible at this point.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
Box spring? My cat will hide in there sometimes
Two family members are staying with me until August, but they sleep with their doors shut, as do I. The other bedrooms are closed up.

I have checked under chair and couch cushions, and even considered taking one of my couches apart. I am paranoid to sit down.