• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

link to pic of cage for cockatiel/bourke

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That would be a spacious cage for a cockatiel or Bourke's but I am not a fan of the feeder doors aka guillotine doors. If you get a cage with those kind of doors I would highly recommend zip tying them so that your bird doesn't lift them up and then have the door fall on him/her on the way out of the cage.

ashley6460

Moving in
Real Name
ashley
Thank you so much! The zip ties sound like a genius idea! Will do if I land of this particular cage!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
If you do use zip ties, which are very helpful, please be careful if you snip the tail off as the part that is left will be very sharp. One member here had a bird cut himself on it.

BirdManDan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dan
That would be a spacious cage for a cockatiel or Bourke's but I am not a fan of the feeder doors aka guillotine doors. If you get a cage with those kind of doors I would highly recommend zip tying them so that your bird doesn't lift them up and then have the door fall on him/her on the way out of the cage.
I agree wholeheartedly! Lock them down and get a couple of SS lixit bowls and attach them to one of the doors to make thm easily accessible!

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
This is the cage my two bourkes are in, very similar to the one you posted but a lot cheaper. I agree with the zip ties or some way of securing the doors. Another thing to watch is the gap between the two halves if you're not using the divider. I used some plain dowels to close those gaps up so the birds can't squeeze out.

You can see my two bourkes at the food bowl
IMG_7328.JPG

And here's the amazon link for the cage if you'd like to check it out. Great cage, no instructions lol

Large Double Flight Bird Wrought Iron Double Cage w/ Slide Out Divider 3 Levels Bird Parrot Cage Cockatiel Conure Bird Cage 63"Lx19"Dx64"H W/Stand on Wheels Amazon.com : Large Double Flight Bird Wrought Iron Double Cage w/ Slide Out Divider 3 Levels Bird Parrot Cage Cockatiel Conure Bird Cage 63"Lx19"Dx64"H W/Stand on Wheels : Flight Cages For Birds : Pet Supplies