• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just bought myself a Rabbit Air!

Nikomania

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Been wanting a RAbbit Air purifier for the longest time and finally bought one!:dance4: I have it running next to our dustiest birdies, and hope that it'll help protect my new world birdies over time.

It is super quiet, too!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Very nice!!!

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I love my Rabbit Air! I am due for new filters soon, I got the germ defense one last time. Which one did you pick?

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
WOOHOO! I want one of those so bad! Especially now I have a CAG and a B&G under one roof.
You've got some lucky birds. :D

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
Bio GS 2.0 model. Covers 625 square feet. How long will one filter last?
Oh I got the MinusA2 so I could mount it to the wall. I think the Bio filter last longer though! 18 months if you keep up on cleaning it. I want one of them for my living room area.

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Oh that's great! So you just vacuum out the filters every so often, correct? Or do I have to wash them? Haven't read my manual yet. haha!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Bio GS 2.0 model. Covers 625 square feet. How long will one filter last?
It depends on the dust and dander. When it's time to clean the filter/s a warning light will go on. I generally just vacuum them but I believe you can wash the pre-filter. You don't want to wash the charcoal or the HEPA filters. You can also check to see how much "life" is left in the filter. I have the GS 2.0 and also the original GS. Don't turn on the ionizer function.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Oh that's great! So you just vacuum out the filters every so often, correct? Or do I have to wash them? Haven't read my manual yet. haha!
I have 2 original GSs
I vacuum the prefilter once a week. I replace the HEPA annually. One sits next to my goffin and needs it by then.
I also take them completely apart (all screws out) and vacuum out gobs of feather dust to reduce fire danger. I am always amazed at the piles of dust that accumulate inside the one next to my G2. I should have taken a picture but I was kinda "in the flow" cleaning. I also was afraid if I interrupted myself I wouldn't remember how to put it back together.

Susan in So Cal

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
I just had to share too! I bought a Rabbit Air today also!! I can't wait for it to arrive!! I've needed it for a LONGGGG time!