• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lewie.

Nuttyone

Meeting neighbors
Well me and Lewie had our first scritches today. Totally by accident lol. He was flying around his cage area and just flew at me, i think he was as surprised as i was when he landed on my chest.
I gave him a moment then i started very slowly scritching his head, oh those feathers fluffed up He then pushed his beak against my fingers, closed with no bite or attempt at bite. I gently scritched his beak then stopped. He pushed my fingers again until i scritched his beak again. I think i fell completely head over heels there and then.
We were like that for about 15mins then he climbed on my shoulder. I gently put my finger in front of him, he stepped up...yay...and put him gently and slowly to the front of his cage and he just hopped off. I pray so hard that this will continue tomorrow as its his bedtime now.
I now get how something so little can make you feel so warm and fuzzy. One happy and in love parront.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ooo that is wonderful:heart::heart: Congrats!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Awesome

Nuttyone

Meeting neighbors
Hmmm. Lewie isnt talking to me. I really dont know Why either. Since our accidental scritches hes totally ignoring me just sits in his cage all puffed up and quiet. He hasnt eaten anything out of cage. Ive been watching him closely as his cage is next to me on the sofa. He eats and drinks ok he just doesn't seem to want to interact at all. Will continue to just be here for when hes ready.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Maybe he is contemplating the magnitude of that giant leap.

Nuttyone

Meeting neighbors
Probably. He really was surprised when he landed on me he kinda just froze. However he did closed beak me a little to ask me to scritch again. Im not gonna push it. I am under no false illusion that i own him. He totally owns me ans everything will be at his pace in his time....bloody fids....

Nuttyone

Meeting neighbors
Well.... I have had a Eureka moment. I was sat here having breakfast with Lewie as i do every morning before work and he actually came up to me to say good morning. I mean really came to see me. Was on his perch, i put his breakfast bowl in and continued to potter about. He didnt move...
As soon as i sat down by him he came to his door kinda chirped a good morning then went to his breakfast and is now happily eating some pasta broccoli and seed sprinkles

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Aww he really likes you! It will just keep getting better from here. :)

BTW no birdy bibs. Getting covered in the food is a necessity to parrotlets!

Nuttyone

Meeting neighbors
20180519_184440.jpg line_1526751786820.jpg line_1526751786820.jpg 20180519_184440.jpg Well after a few days of Lewie pouting with me and ignoring me, today has been a huge difference. Hes targeted all over the place, stepped up on a t perch every time, come out to perch and preen right by me for ages. Oh and he loves perching on my blooming phone. Doesnt help when youre trying to type and he wants to nibble at the camera. line_1526751786820.jpg
And then while having dinner the cheeky little shizz, flew over and took a noodle off my plate i didnt expect that lol.

Oh and i have found that his trying and tasting of all kinds of veg is paying off. He is so in love with sweetcorn. Totally ate it all off his breakfast in minutes. I have also cut the seed sprinkle down to just a few grains on his veg and he is doing so well still eating his veg. He still has a bit of seed for evening meal and has his pellets through the day.
One proud and happy parront

Attachments

Last edited:

Nuttyone

Meeting neighbors
Oml I could fly around the room so much I am that happy. For the last few days i have been practising with Lewie on the Tbar and he's been doing so well. Today i thought i would test him a little and moved the tbar further from his out of cage perch. He flew to it . I did this again further away and yet again he flew to me. I got him to being about 2ft from the cage before stopping to give him a break. Seriously i am bursting with happiness.
Hes now happily exploring the sofa. 20180520_172235.jpg

Nuttyone

Meeting neighbors
IMG-20180712-WA0027.jpeg IMG-20180712-WA0027.jpeg Well its been a few weeks since we visited and I must say both me and Lewie are really loving each other. Hes now walking all over me and flys to me each time he sees me. He is ok with the family but defo attached to me.
Right now hes moulting out so has a head and body full of pins. However he seems to cope with it and baths daily. I leave a bath in his cage for him.
Hes so gentle even if hes hitting the stroppy moult out.. he steps up to a t perch or my wrist, still working on the fingers and trust. Hes getting there though.
I have attached a pic of him giving me kisses..i never let him near my mouth though. Hes my darling and its safe to say I am in total love