• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Just made my first Seriously Nutz order, who else has great Mac sized foot toys?

jennluna

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
I’ve just figured out that My BTM Faust *really* loves foot toys, especially new ones he hasn’t seen before. So I want to build up a nice stockpile to rotate through to keep his interest. I’ve put in orders with Seriously Nutz, Birdman Dan, OG, Mysafebirdstore, and several other places for toys and toy parts to build some of my own or that can double as footies on their own but where else would you recommend for the big guys? I know a lot of our vendors here are geared towards smaller beaks. I’ll get to them when my Caique comes home in a few weeks. I really miss some of the older businesses that aren’t around anymore like Frazier’s metal toys, greyfeather toys, mpbt, avian stainless, when Jan still decorated the jolly balls, toys etc.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
What happened with Avian Stainless???:cry3:

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
What happened with Avian Stainless???:cry3:
They’ve been out of business for a while. I think maybe they might open back up under new ownership (really crossing my fingers because I don’t have any of the old toys I had for Luna and more and I’d love to get some again!)

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
They’ve been out of business for a while. I think maybe they might open back up under new ownership (really crossing my fingers because I don’t have any of the old toys I had for Luna and more and I’d love to get some again!)
:sad4::sorrow:

Heard about it but was not sure of details...So hard for the real genuine artists to make a go of it...I guess we want bargains but even I was willing to open up my wallet & invest in a timeless work of art that a bird could enjoy for a lifetime & I liked the look of cool stainless & its avant garde captivating sounds...

I have 4 in my collection luckily I thought ahead as my new bird Penny really likes her square dance which was too big for Rio!

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
I have some really big toys, however my shop is on vacation mode right now as I’m on vacation..I have a lot pictured on my facebook group
The fb page is facebook.com/hootnhollerbirdtoys The group is called Hoot N Holler Bird Toys Flash Sale Party :)

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
The mini skewers from Seriously Nut's are cute and fun. I like to recycle toy parts on skewers. Even skew with Chile peppers other frim veggies.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
:fairy2:
Great choices there, Seriously Nutz toys are awesome! Making your own large foraging toys can even be a pizza box. Cutting holes and adding in nuts, wood parts.

I carry quite a few of the huge Paradise Featherland toys as well as the Superbird Creations, and Grahams Parrot toys in my store. Surprise tomorrow if you follow us!:chipmunks:

The Paradise toys such as bamboo and wood are giant as well as the XL wood and sisal.

I love to buy my guys toys! Makes mr heart full watching them have fun :D

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I really miss some of the older businesses that aren’t around anymore like Frazier’s metal toys, greyfeather toys, mpbt, avian stainless, when Jan still decorated the jolly balls, toys etc.

Why do you think I went IN business. ;)
I miss MPBT so bad!!!

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
The mini skewers from Seriously Nut's are cute and fun. I like to recycle toy parts on skewers. Even skew with Chile peppers other frim veggies.
Yup, I ordered some filled mini skewers. They were too cute to pass up!

I miss MPBT too Macawnutz! I’ll be ordering from you again because I wanted some of your perches too, and they were out of stock. I have a shopping problem.

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
I have some really big toys, however my shop is on vacation mode right now as I’m on vacation..I have a lot pictured on my facebook group
The fb page is facebook.com/hootnhollerbirdtoys The group is called Hoot N Holler Bird Toys Flash Sale Party :)
I’m already in your group, just waiting for you to be back from vacation. I have my eye on one of those footie buckets. :)

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Yup, I ordered some filled mini skewers. They were too cute to pass up!

I miss MPBT too Macawnutz! I’ll be ordering from you again because I wanted some of your perches too, and they were out of stock. I have a shopping problem.

Oh perches? Just ask me. It's hard to keep everything in stock as I do so many custom ones. 80% of the time I have them even when it says out of stock. :)

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I bought them for the 'zons but they didn't care much for them, Rosie otoh ... Plant Pleasures woven cylinder foot toys. They also have one called "Grab Grab" that would probably be a hit if it was scaled up for bigger beaks. Fern (YNA) will finish one off in an afternoon.

Great choices there, Seriously Nutz toys are awesome! Making your own large foraging toys can even be a pizza box. Cutting holes and adding in nuts, wood parts.
I've been saving pressed board boxes, the kind used for cookies and cereal, for foraging.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Can't help you. I have 5 toy mulching brats. I either buy parts I can't make to accent the blocks I do make or buy from Sarah. I'm a creature of habit.

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
Can't help you. I have 5 toy mulching brats. I either buy parts I can't make to accent the blocks I do make or buy from Sarah. I'm a creature of habit.
My husband cuts untreated wood into blocks and drills a hole in the middle for me so that I can use that as the most basic of his toys. I have several chains that I refill just for that so he can be the feathered termite he is. Now I’m just shopping around for things that are cute or unique to catch his attention and make him want to come to me, like I said in my other thread in Macaw motorway. I wish I was good at making creative toys but I’m really not. Functional yes, novel and cute? Not happening. :hehe:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
My husband cuts untreated wood into blocks and drills a hole in the middle for me so that I can use that as the most basic of his toys. I have several chains that I refill just for that so he can be the feathered termite he is. Now I’m just shopping around for things that are cute or unique to catch his attention and make him want to come to me, like I said in my other thread in Macaw motorway. I wish I was good at making creative toys but I’m really not. Functional yes, novel and cute? Not happening. :hehe:

Oh, my toys are hideous Frankentoys, but the birds like 'em.

jennluna

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenn
I put in an order at TNT last night. I think I ordered one of any foot toy that had anything stainless on it, plus a nice sized wood platform perch. The SS foot toys look like they’ll hold up well and the textures should be interesting for him. He’s going through anything wood faster than I can give it to him.