• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Possible bird flip

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
You’re smart to keep the reasons to yourself, as this is a public forum.

@camelotshadow is right— consider her found. Whatever happened before is not on you. It’s admirable that you took steps to find a previous owner; maybe their circumstances changed and they had to let her go.

BirdManDan

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dan
Does he have a band? Have you checked to see if he is mircochiped? Those could be used for proof of ownership if someone claims he is theirs. But never give either number out. Only say no that doesn't match or yes that matches otherwise if you give it out to someone they can have someone else call with the correct number to claim him even if it is not theirs. I hope he wasn't stolen for your sake and Sherman's since he has found a wonderful home!!!
homesweethome.gif

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
@BirdManDan I believe LSA mentioned having Sherman checked for a chip earlier in this thread.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I would expect that all rehomes were very much loved at one point, maybe even at the point of rehoming. Sherman could have had many homes for all you know.

What's done is done. Build a new life now.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Yeah. There's no shame in owning a flipped bird. They need homes just as much as any other animal.
:hug8:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Dobby is very happy here, he was also very happy with Momazon but her life changed and she could no longer keep him so she thought I would be a perfect dad for him knowing what I went through getting Lurch to a happy place. If your sure everything is done like said build a new happy life together and don't look back as Sherman is obviously happy with his new family and you love him so he's where he's supposed to be now.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Over and over I've mentioned my caretaking, spoiling and love for Sherman. I even bragged to a friend that she secretly had gotten into her forage basket and didn't want me to know. (The evidence was on her cage floor. ) She's funny! :ballerina:
Sherman is more my baby every time I think of her. If there was a claim on her, there DEFINITELY would have to be proof! (And you thought human adoption was hard.) My home is hers, too, now and, as far as I'm concerned she is here forever! I don't know how anyone wouldn't love her! :heart: She has a way of stealing your heart! That's another
reason to both wonder and be EXTREMELY cautious.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Sherman has a follow up exam scheduled for next . She just got some yellow runner beans (like yellow green beans), winter
squash and plums from the garden. Like I said, she's already being spoiled.
The potential previous owner's bird didn't have the same quirks. (Truthfully, I'm glad!)
I've decided that these tries are enough. I hope Sherman is as happy with me as I am with her!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Sherman has a follow up exam scheduled for next . She just got some yellow runner beans (like yellow green beans), winter
squash and plums from the garden. Like I said, she's already being spoiled.
The potential previous owner's bird didn't have the same quirks. (Truthfully, I'm glad!)
I've decided that these tries are enough. I hope Sherman is as happy with me as I am with her!
Sounds to me like you have made the right decision. Whatever the history was, she is with you now and has become happy and comfortable and is obviously loved and very well cared for. Nothing would be crueler than sending her home with someone else.....even if they did once own her. Birds all live in the NOW frame of mind so I think it would only be mean to both her and you if she was made to visit any of her past. Plus you fit together by the sounds of things. So, I wish the both of you luck and happiness in your future together. :)

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
Plus you fit together by the sounds of things. So, I wish the both of you luck and happiness in your future together. :)
I know it'll take time, but already we're becoming good friends. As I said, if I felt this way so quickly, someone else must have before. She's obviously been around people that loved her before. Understanding the struggles with loss doesn't make it easier.
Thanks for your kind comments and wishes! Sherman and I do get along well. We're so lucky to have found one another in our times of need.

LSA

Real Name
Leslie
BTW, I've been calling her SHERMAN in spite of the other name. It seems she has 2 names now. She's either one lucky or one confused bird.:smilesign: (She may think my name is Sherman.:lol:)

Status
Not open for further replies.