• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking to adopt Pionus

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriTaylor

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello everyone!

I've been researching and looking for a pionus to adopt in or near Kentucky. I'm willing to drive out of state (neighboring only) and make visits, put in applications, interviews, etc.

Age isn't an issue but I would like a tame bird. Preferably male because egg laying makes me nervous.

I have a GCC and he is my first and only bird.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Are there any bird rescues near you? Or have you looked on Craig's list?

BriTaylor

Checking out the neighborhood
All the above and more :/ I've even looked at rescues in surrounding states. A Facebook group sent me here saying there might be rehome or adoption here ;)

Jiffy

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Elliana
@BriTaylor I hope you've found your pionus! I know I've recently visited In a Pickle Parrot Shop in Broadview Cleveland Ohio, and they had a pionus there for sale. Obviously stating this not knowing where you're located. You could also contact Avalon Aviary, in Loveland Colorado. They breed the Blue Headed Pionus, and the Bronze Winged Pionus, although you might have to ask about availability. Both of them are very nice breeders/stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.