• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Binky's Memorial

SamanthaAV

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Yesterday was a beautiful day, the sky was blue, the earth was warm, and flowers were all around in bloom. It was yesterday that finally our hearts had stopped aching just enough to say goodbye.

Binky was a sweet bird. He loved giving kisses and getting scritches in return, he loved playing with all of his toys until they would fall apart. He was a smart and mischievous bird. He liked to fly to the edge of our other birds' cage just close enough to annoy them because he thought it was so funny. He had a lot of personality, one I don't expect I'll see again. Everyday, he found a way to make us smile..

His passing was the worst day of our lifes. We cried all day. But we had to find a way to keep going, to remember Binky in a good way. My husband suggested that we memorialize him, we wanted a memento of Binky to keep with us so we went in search of the perfect rock to paint upon it his name. It's not Binky, but it's something to remember that cute little face and silly antics by.

By the ocean we found a rock, the size of both of my palms. I knew when I saw it that it was perfect. We still weren't sure where to bury his body but we talked about it and scouted out places. We finally decided on the base of a pine tree with a boulder on top. We burried him with flowers I had picked, white, yellow, and purple. I was having trouble speaking through my tears so my husband said a few words.

I want to say that I feel better now and to some extent I do. I'm glad we put him to rest but there will always be a spot in my heart that was just for Binky. Now with our memorial rock I plan on taking my time. Anytime I feel sad and miss my Binky baby I will add something new to the rock. I expect I won't finish it for a long time.

Fly High Binky..
:pletgm:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:sorrow:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a beautiful resting place you've chosen for him. The memento stone is a wonderful idea.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry for your loss. :sorrow:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
:sadhug2:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh, I’m so very sorry for your loss of Binky.
:sorrow:
Your memorial rock sounds lovely, and I’m glad you have a bit more peace after the burial.
:sadhug2:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I know just how you feel. The empty place birds leave in our hearts when they pass on feels huge and it never goes away. Hugs...

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I am very sorry for your loss

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Geez how sad. Sometimes things happen, I lost 2 lovebirds prematurely one due to beads on a homemade toy, one that my young son played with and we suspect some kind of internal damage. Neither was deliberate. Both were tragic accidents. I'm sorry about your little bird :(