• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Excellent Wellness Information

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
If you are interested in the natural wellness world please look over Wellness Mamma. I was reading about how much we contaminate our home by not taking shoes off. Now I will walk around in a pair of shoes that are only for indoors.

Let me know what you think of this web page.

https://wellnessmama.com

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you are interested in the natural wellness world please look over Wellness Mamma. I was reading about how much we contaminate our home by not taking shoes off. Now I will walk around in a pair of shoes that are only for indoors.

Let me know what you think of this web page.

https://wellnessmama.com

I take the dogs for a walk in a pair of junky tennis shoes and generally wear other shoes in the house or just don't walk around with socks in the house. Problem is when you have workers come into the house what are you supposed to do? Give them shoe coverings or tell them to take off their shoes????

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I was reading about how much we contaminate our home by not taking shoes off. Now I will walk around in a pair of shoes that are only for indoors.
I walk around barefoot. Even in the winter. I hate socks and shoes. My feet wants freedom! :D
Some winter days I run in snow with no socks an using Five fingers shoes. It is awesome to feel the snow melt on your feet, that brings me one step closer to nature.
And no It's not cold, your feet is warm when you run. The only time I freeze is when my socks gets wet. So better not to use socks.
tell them to take off their shoes????
That is what I do. I have very clean on my floor just because my girls loves to run around and playing on the floor.
No one enter my home with shoes. :scrubfloors2:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Interesting with have to save for future reading

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yeah, we have a no shoes in the house policy. Too much dirt and nasty outside. Also, no outside clothes on the couch or bed.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Also, no outside clothes on the couch or bed.
That is also important.
The first thing I do when I get home is to change cloth and often to take a shower. But if not, wash my hand carefully before handling my girls.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well don't change clothes or take shower every time I come in but do try to clean the bottom of my shoes. I have 2 doormats & as much as I can I wipe my shoe soles with the antibacterial grocery wipes. If I'm in my slippers I have a outside pair by the door which I slip on for outside so I try!!! but taking off shoes everytime or wiping is not always possible.
Also no clothes on bed but couch is leather so its easy to clean...

Hint...give guests disposable plastic booties...who wants a nasty sweaty plumber feet all over the carpet!!!! Rather have the shoes....:rofl:

Don't really do it for germs but I see there is alot to watch out for but mainly just I want to save on cleaning...not a fan of it!

:marievacuums::mariecleans::mop::scrubfloors2::sweep:

Last edited:

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My family and I are big fans of Wellness Mama. We follow a similar diet (paleo, keto) and lifestyle (as squeaky clean as possible) as Katie. We all take our health VERY SERIOUSLY! This is a topic I could post about forever.

We have a no shoes policy in our house. I saw Suzanne Somers being interviewed by David Perlmutter (love him) and she talked about how many people get cancer that live on the perimeter of golf courses. So yeah, no one is coming into my house and tracking in lawn chemicals and who knows what else.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine

I saw Suzanne Somers being interviewed by David Perlmutter (love him) and she talked about how many people get cancer that live on the perimeter of golf courses. So yeah, no one is coming into my house and tracking in lawn chemicals and who knows what else.

Gosh that is terrible. So much we can't control like who or what we live next too or on top of.

I suffered over a decade of 2nd hand smoke from a chain smoking neighbor til she died from it.

I've often wondered & I can say all of my furniture is real wood. No pressed wood board. There is wood under my mattress not sure if its solid wood or plywood which would have glue too.

Only thing is the kitchen cabinets & counters. I am pretty sure under the counter tops is pressed wood & probably the doors.

Our RX prescriptions are also another source of health concern. They may help in one area but they for the most part come with a price in another part.

Air fresheners & furniture polish & cleaning products are abundant in the normal house but we bird savy people know of there danger to birds & of course have done ourselves a favor too...

So what is in the golf course? Fertilizer, lawn insecticide???

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I suffered over a decade of 2nd hand smoke from a chain smoking neighbor til she died from it.

Oh my gosh, that's terrible. I am so scent sensitive. I would lose it if I could smell cigarette smoke from my house.

Our RX prescriptions are also another source of health concern. They may help in one area but they for the most part come with a price in another part.

I couldn't agree more. Watching a drug commercial with all the possible side effects sounds like an SNL sketch. Pharmaceutical intervention saves lives but all too often they are prescribed too quickly and before other less invasive methods are tried.

Air fresheners & furniture polish & cleaning products are abundant in the normal house but we bird savy people know of there danger to birds & of course have done ourselves a favor too...

With or without birds, I have always tried to use natural methods to clean.

So what is in the golf course? Fertilizer, lawn insecticide???

I guess whatever is used to keep the grass so gorgeous. For sure, lots of chemicals.

camelotshadow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
I think she did cause me to lose "it" my mind & possible cause me to get cancer later on.

Nothing I could so as I could not move as I am a live in mgr so I really could not pick up & go somewhere or I'd loose my job. She had been there so long & really was not much that could be done back then with smoke issues.

I guess I could have asked the mgmt to let me have another apt when one came available but I like this corner.
I could not even run air filters then as they would cost me so much extra money in electricity a month & I don;t get rich in this job but I do have a roof over my head so the rest I have to try to make ends meet.

Note: I had those big round air filters & my bills was about an extra $60...outrageous.

I now run 2 austins one large & one small & it does not really raise my electric bill so those are really great but did not know about them 15 years ago...

Last edited:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think she did cause me to lose "it" my mind & possible cause me to get cancer later on.

Nothing I could so as I could not move as I am a live in mgr so I really could not pick up & go somewhere or I'd loose my job. She had been there so long & really was not much that could be done back then with smoke issues.

I guess I could have asked the mgmt to let me have another apt when one came available but I like this corner.
I could not even run air filters then as they would cost me so much extra money in electricity a month & I don;t get rich in this job but I do have a roof over my head so the rest I have to try to make ends meet.

Note: I had those big round air filters & my bills was about an extra $60...outrageous.

I now run 2 austins one large & one small & it does not really raise my electric bill so those are really great but did not know about them 15 years ago...
I'm so sorry, it's just awful when you have no other options. I hope you are well now.