• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video ❤ Remembering Zane ❤

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It is so beautiful and really captures his look:heart::heart: Happy belated birthday!:hug8:
Thanks!! Sorry I should have said it was an early birthday present. My birthday is a couple weeks away. May 30th to be exact :)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I can see why she couldn't wait! It's stunning!

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
It sounds like Zane was your heart bird. I had a heart dog, Diggity, who I lost in a horrible way. It's been 7 years, and just typing his name brings tears to my eyes. It's a story I can't tell yet bcuz I can't see through the tears to type it! I still can't even say his name without crying.

My fiancee once asked if Charlie and Dusty weren't enough to ease the pain of the loss of Diggy. I tried to explain the theory of the heart dog, but don't know if he really understood. Like you with Echo. Of course you love Echo. And, it's not even that you loved Zane more than Echo. Just like I love Charlie and Dusty. I love them as much as I love Diggy, it's just a different connection of the heart. I used to feel guilty for still missing Diggy so much when life had moved on to Charlie and Dusty. Now I know I shouldn't feel guilty. My relationship with Diggy was just that... and it's okay if I cry for him for the rest of my life. Time may heal all wounds, but losing someone you have that connection with isn't a wound to be healed, it is a changing of the heart forever.

Zane was beautiful. I'm so glad you got to be his Mom for those ten years.

Fly high and free, beautiful Zane.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Beautiful painting of Zane!:heart: What a lovely present!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:sad7: Sarah, I finally watched your amazing video of Zane. What a happy bird he was while in your care!:heart2: It shows in everything he did. His hopping, vocalizing, playing with blankets, preening with Echo, eating, all of it was so joyful! :heart: I love the Chunky Chicken most of all! So precious!:faint: What a great tribute to Zane this video is, and thank you for sharing it with us.
:hug8:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Time may heal all wounds, but losing someone you have that connection with isn't a wound to be healed, it is a changing of the heart forever.
I think that's about the most profound way to explain a loss of a heart animal as I've ever seen. :heart:

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
I think that's about the most profound way to explain a loss of a heart animal as I've ever seen. :heart:
Thank you. My fiancee says, if nothing else, he will have "wordsmith" on my tombstone! A bit of of an exaggeration, but a nice compliment!

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I just now saw this thread about your sweet Zane. I am bawling after watching your beautiful video of him. His story and your love for him truly pulled at my heart strings in a huge way.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Thank you everyone for all your kind words!! I really appreciate it. I can't believe it's been 3 months since Zane passed. My world is so different now. I miss him so much. But me and Echo are doing ok. Being able to still able to share him with all of you has helped a lot.:grouphug:

Yes I agree very well said @Alien J Yes Zane was definitely my heart bird ❤

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I'm been doing little things to remember and honor Zane. Keeping his memory alive has been helping me get through the grief.

I brought a little necklace of with two little charms. One of little circle with the letter Z on it. And the other is hibiscus charm. He use to love eat the leaves of my hibicus plants. Plus I thought of the Tom Petty song "Wildflowers" as his song.
View attachment 271040
View attachment 271041

I also finally brought the book his story was in. I don't think I ever mentioned he was in book. It's called "Inspiring Animal Tales" Inspiring Animal Tales: Heartwarming Stories of Courage and Devotion (Amazing Stories (Heritage House)) eBook: Roxanne Willems Snopek: Amazon.ca: Kindle Store I haven't got my copy yet. His part is about his time at "Second Flight" the parrot sanctuary with my friend good Leanne who ran it. Second Flight is now closed as sadly Leanne's health is not good. I'm looking forward to reading about my boy even though I know about most of his time there.

I have a few other things planned to remember my Zane. I think I am making a little shrine to him! :hehepink: I still haven't received his ashes or heard from my vet about his necropsy. I'm still struggling with guilt about not getting him to the vets sooner. It's hard but doing little things to remember and cherish his memory is helping. I also been having some good cry fests over my boy too. I like reading over all of your kind thoughtful comments in the My beloved Zane thread. All of you have been so helpful. Thankyou!! :grouphug:

Here's some more clips I put together of my Chunky Chicken :heart:
I'm so sorry about Zane. I haven't been on the board much. He was a beautiful bird who was well loved and you did all you could for him.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Time as gone by so fast! Today is the 5th anniversary of Zane's passing. My life has definitely changed alot. The house is so much emptier now my dad and my dog also gone. There are so much I miss about my Zaners. His happy loud voice, spunky attitude and his calm moments when he was so cuddly. The only thing I don't miss is the stress about him self mutilating. He was a good boy. I'm very thankful I have Echo to help me through all this different losses.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
You bringing up your anniversary loss of Zane also brings back the sweet memories we have of him and the struggles of his care. He will always be a part of your identity, your outstanding and loving character. I can’t think of you without remembering him. :heart:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
You bringing up your anniversary loss of Zane also brings back the sweet memories we have of him and the struggles of his care. He will always be a part of your identity, your outstanding and loving character. I can’t think of you without remembering him. :heart:
That's so sweet of you to say! Thankyou! :heart: