• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Point A to A recall

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Hi Guys!
Had anyone trained their bird to do an A to A recall? It means that the bird takes of and lands in the same place. It mostly used by free flight trainers I think(not what I am doing lol! Just trying to make them exersise more indoors:D), but I couldn’t find anything about how this is trained. Most of the things I could find are about flying from point A to point B. They already fly to me and away from me when I ask, and to my bed and their training perch. Should I shape it using the things they can already do?:chin:I don’t always reward when they go back to their perch before recalling them again, perhaps I should stop doing that at all so they Will fly back without stopping by on the perch first? But then they might get confused when I ask them to go to their perch when I leave the room(if they are on me, which is often lol, I ask them to fly away, give a treat and leave).
If anyone has advice or good websites to visit I would really appriciate it!:)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I personally have not tried this with my cockatiels yet, but I hope this video helps!

Let us know how you progress. :D

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I personally have not tried this with my cockatiels yet, but I hope this video helps!

Let us know how you progress. :D
Thank you! That helped a great deal! Neither of them have a problem with flying to moving things, they often fly to me when I am running while playing a game with them so I think they Will do pretty good:cantwait:
I began training with Fëanor. I started by moving my hand just a cm when he came flying but at the end of the session I could move my hand a bit over 30 cm:D He is napping on my hand now:laugh: C123ADC5-AB64-41D8-AFA7-8677E8424392.jpeg

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Awwwww! So cute!!! It is clear you gave him a good workout! :xflove:

I have to admit, I have a soft spot for blue love birds! :hehe: