• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A step forward!

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
Tonight it was just Charlie and I in the living room. And I was talking to him and then we were dancing and making silly noises and he was screaming pretty Birdy and showing me his wings and his moves .then I went up to him to pet him and he stepped up on me!!! He has NEVER stepped up on me or even has shown interest in stepping up on me, only my fiance. We then sat on the couch for some qauilty scratches before bed! I am extremely happy that tonight he trusted me enough to want to step up all on his own! It may not happen again for a long time, but today really showed that we are slowly devolping a bond and trust!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That's a wonderful update. Good for Charlie and good for you for adopting him. You're doing great with him!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I don't care if he was just caught up in the moment or not, I'd exploit the heck outta that trick as long as it works! :joyful: That's gotta feel so incredible. :hug8:Maybe the dancing and being loud showed him you're part of the same flock. :dance5:

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
Lots of love and treats after that!
It really was so special to me, and just honestly made me feel like things Are going to work out . I've only had Charlie a week but sometimes I felt like what the heck am I doing, am I even doing this right? But then these little things happen and it just is so nice to know. I am doing the best I can and it is working, slowly but surely!

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
@faislaq it totally was just a cought up in moment, but that was also the first time tho that I had gotten. Him that excited and having that much fun. He dances alot but not like ten mins of us jumping and swings coming out when I say " show me your handsome wings" and screaming pretty bird. It was something that was just awsome. He loved my clapping and cheering him on; it was a really special moment that's for sure! He even walked up into my head and danced lol!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh wow! I'm so excited for you! My budgies have only stepped up for millet bribes... I can count on one hand when they stepped up without millet... and that's because they THOUGHT I had it, and when they realized I didn't they were insulted and stepped right off... LOL!

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
That's great! Sounds like it was a great moment. :D It seems like he really enjoyed the jam session, too, so if you keep doing things like that with him that should help the two of you bond. The fiance may be the "chosen one" but you're the one who jams out with him, so really, who's better? :laugh:;)

becdimarc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
becky dimarcantonio
That's great! Sounds like it was a great moment. :D It seems like he really enjoyed the jam session, too, so if you keep doing things like that with him that should help the two of you bond. The fiance may be the "chosen one" but you're the one who jams out with him, so really, who's better? :laugh:;)
LOL, your right! not to mention, he danced ontop of my head, and not the "chosen one", so i think its safe to say, im cooler! lol