• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Beautiful Lovebirds

lisaraby

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lisa
They're both adorable!! The one on the right looks a ton like Indie, my little bird, when I picked her up. Make sure both birds are actually available to take home though - I had another baby picked out because I was told they were both unsold, then when I told the staff that's who I was taking they told me he had sold the day before. Not that Indie was my second choice! I just thought the other bird liked me more. Anyway. Just a word of warning! Good luck choosing!!

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
So after visiting he actually had 3 true blues available and a pretty turquoise one. I decided to pick this little guy/girl. I'll get him DNA'd after I get him/her. The baby should be ready to go home in 2-3 weeks. It is 4 weeks right now.

Attachments

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Aww that is so nice. What was the farm like? Was it clean?

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I have been wondering about his lovies for a long time. @DoubleTake I am so jealous you got to be around all that cuteness. Looks like I will be going to him when the time comes for an addition. They are stunning.

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Aww that is so nice. What was the farm like? Was it clean?
His baby room was fairly clean. Little cramp but babies looked happy. I had 4 to choose from and they were all easy to handle. I choose this one because he was inquisitive and stepped up no problem, didn't mind cuddling either.

He also showed me his aviary where all the parents were and it was also fairly clean and kept in good condition. I asked a lot of questions and he had no problem answering. I got a good vibe from him. Out of the lovebird, green cheek, parrotlet and linolated aviaries... the lovebird section was definitely the loudest. :shifty:

Last edited:

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Lol and your surprised by this lol
Honestly, I figured the green cheeks would have been the louder group :roflmao:. The lovies sounded like they were just talking to each other. I have sun conures so a little lovebird isnt gonna make a difference :wideyed:.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Unusual for a breeder to show customers the aviary. Anyway I hope your baby thrives in your care. Don't forget to post photos as he grows up.

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
Unusual for a breeder to show customers the aviary. Anyway I hope your baby thrives in your care. Don't forget to post photos as he grows up.
It is unusual. When I first talked to him he said he'd give me a tour. Way I see it, he had nothing to hide. This will be the first time getting a bird I haven't hand fed myself. Feels weird but I understand why it is illegal to sell a unweaned bird in California. Way too many things can go wrong for the inexperienced.

Last edited:

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I showed my husband the picture you took and he thinks we are just getting one LOL if he only knew.

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
If that top baby is a *Blue, it will be really pretty after molt. The white parts on my *Blues are so white!!!

DoubleTake

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
If that top baby is a *Blue, it will be really pretty after molt. The white parts on my *Blues are so white!!!
The top two are both true blues. The lighter one is a single factor true blue. The darker one is a double factor true blue. At least thats how he explained it to me. I went for the darker " violet" looking color.

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Yes, True Blue is a dumb nickname for the Phenotype *Blue.
And Single Factor and Double Factor mean nothing unless accompanied by an Autosomal mutation, but I don’t correct people anymore because it just makes everyone mad at me. :)

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
They are so beautiful. I am not good at figuring out the whole mutation thing. I just look for the bird that I have a connection with and if it's a beautiful coloring that's just an added bonus :)

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Have you been visiting your baby, or are you just waiting for him/her to wean to go back and pick him/her up?