• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Tail bobbing/breathing

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
If she was acting sick i wouldnt be so perplexed. I know they hide illness but shes literally showing me nothing abnormal other than her breathing being odd. Its alot better so i question do i give more time. I have the money for the inital exam now. What i dont have is money for tests n meds. So im trying to sell some things we dont need am bugging everyone to spread my name around to advertise me cleaning houses and praying i get some money to be able to not only have her seen but be able to let them do something besides just look at her. I made what i call a steam box...and she got a major steam session in it. She seemed to really enjoy that other than being in a box part.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
If she was acting sick i wouldnt be so perplexed. I know they hide illness but shes literally showing me nothing abnormal other than her breathing being odd. Its alot better so i question do i give more time. I have the money for the inital exam now. What i dont have is money for tests n meds. So im trying to sell some things we dont need am bugging everyone to spread my name around to advertise me cleaning houses and praying i get some money to be able to not only have her seen but be able to let them do something besides just look at her. I made what i call a steam box...and she got a major steam session in it. She seemed to really enjoy that other than being in a box part.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Well, labored breathing from moving around can happen, happens with us a more heavier breathing after running or doing something exerting ourselves. If you seriously are worried, I would have that checked out. You can never be wrong seeking advice from the Vet. Can you hear if your bird is up to your ear that there is not wheezing type sound? And for nares, clear and no discharge?

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Well, labored breathing from moving around can happen, happens with us a more heavier breathing after running or doing something exerting ourselves. If you seriously are worried, I would have that checked out. You can never be wrong seeking advice from the Vet. Can you hear if your bird is up to your ear that there is not wheezing type sound? And for nares, clear and no discharge?
Nares clear no discharge no coughing sneezing weezing or other. Shes in a rougg molt and is hormonal but other than that seems fine. I will take her in as soon as im able to though...just to settle my mind. Her tail bob is gone as of last check. Just the slightly heavier breathing. Nothing like in the video tho...so shes better. But im not satisfied with just better. I want normal..

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Sending positive thoughts your way Carmen. Happy is your baby and she knows you are doing right by her. She will be okay it could have just been a slight cold from the weather change or something. I know sometimes Gracie gets the sniffles when the weather changes all of a sudden.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Update: tail bob gone. Breathing as close to normal as ive seen since this started. We turned the window ac units on yesterday so its not as hot in here. I think maybe she was just hot with all her ball humping activitys/hormones and it bein texas heat all of a sudden. Still keeping an eye on her. And i will still take her in once i have more than just the exam fee in hand because i want to be sure shes actually ok. Plan on doing steam sessions for the next few days as well just to help ease things.

So far as i can tell no egg. I guess she was just fluffed and swollen from all the ball humping . i took them out...she needs a break i think lol

nu2birds

Real Name
Kurt
That's great news.........what a relief. I've missed your posts, when I first joined here a year ago I remember your posts and your bird, I've learned so much in a year from so many of you.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I had to do the same with Gracie because I was worried she was going to get a splinter in her bum. Then she moved on to her swing till she broke it. I totally know how you feel and what your going through.

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Great news ....although still not sure "what" caused bob/breathing issues in the first place but whatever was amiss seems to be gone now. Shes back to normal breathing. Im going to continue steam sessions and watching her. And whenever i have the funds shes gonna go for a check up but at least for now i can somewhat relax. Im so thankful to all of you...i felt so helpless and worried.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
So good to hear that!

Happynme

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
Well finally was able to get her seen despite no more issues i wanted to be sure. She was given a clean bill. Best guess she wasnt liking the sudden hot dry air texas threw at us all of a sudden. So changing her winter cover to her summer cover /having the window acs goingy and steaming her a few times fixed it . Shes her happy...happy self :)

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
That could be a reason for a slight cold. Gracie has something similar happen when the weather here goes from 60 to 90 in a week. She gets the sniffles a little bit but I just take in with me to shower and she is good.