• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Blue and Gold Macaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
My friend is seeking to re-home her Blue and Gold Macaw. Boz is about 20 years old and she has had him for about 9 years and got him from a local rescue. She does not want to return him to a rescue, he needs a home. She is not taking this decision lightly and it comes with multiple levels of sorrow. She recently had her second back surgery and it was only moderately successful and she can no longer keep up with Boz's needs. Boz is a good boy. He is a typically behaved Macaw. He isn't a biter (every bird has bitten at some point, but she handles him all the time and only bit her once that I know of when he slipped off her arm-he bluffs at me all the time because he knows I will react). Other folks have handled him is well without incident. He is fully feathered. He eats well, pellets, lots of veggies, fruits and some of what ever you are eating that is bird safe. He does talk and does not have any foul language. If you walk past his cage at night, he whispers to you. If you have food, he will give a "helllllo". He loves to "play ball". He is affectionate. He is potty trained in the sense that he wants to back to his cage to do his business--always. She is looking for someone with big bird experience. He is loud-typical macaw-at dusk and during hormone season. She will not ship him and an interested person must meet him to discuss his needs. He is located in south west Michigan. If anyone can help find him a great home, it would be appreciated. You can message me and I will get you in touch with her. I will try to upload photos later.
Thank you

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
He is beautiful

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Boz is beautiful. I hope the right home is found quickly. @Macawnutz Do you know of anyone.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Some rescues require that you sign papers saying you will return the bird to them and not pass it on.
They probably have no way to check but someone could get in trouble.

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Some rescues require that you sign papers saying you will return the bird to them and not pass it on.
They probably have no way to check but someone could get in trouble.
She asked the rescue if they could help rehome him and they said they couldn’t help at all. The rescue she was referred to would only help if she surrendered-and if she did that, she wouldn’t know that he went to a good home. She really wants him placed where he will thrive and stay with no time at a rescue where there are multiple birds. Nothing against rescues, she wants him to go directly to a home. She loves him and knows he will have behaviors if not in a home setting. 7CA239C7-BCCF-4180-9B85-9CB6CCCB7AE1.jpeg

Attachments

EllaMay

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Look at that sweet face. I hope he finds a wonderful forever home. :heart:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I wish I was in a position! He sounds amazing :)

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry your friend has to re-home Boz. Hope she can find him a wonderful new home.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
We had someone ask about a B&G (if we had one) at the rescue in MI. I can't vouch for her but if you want, I could send your information for contact etc.

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
5528CC6A-B0FE-465D-BDA1-5B2874921057.jpeg If anyone can help or has ideas, it would be greatly appreciated!!! Craigslist just seems like a bad idea and we really need ideas or someone who can take this beautiful boy!
Thank you

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Prayers up.

Shame she can't keep him. Wish she could hire someone for the heavy duty stuff like cleaning that he requires. It will break her heart to lose him.

RaeT

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rae
So sorry your friend has to rehome Boz. He seems like a fantastic addition to any family looking for a macaw. Hope he finds a great home soon.

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Prayers up.

Shame she can't keep him. Wish she could hire someone for the heavy duty stuff like cleaning that he requires. It will break her heart to lose him.
Thank you. It is breaking her heart. She did try to hire someone but they live in the country. Everyone she found was unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.