• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How long do Linnies usually live?

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Online, I see 10 years as common, can be 15. (Heartbreaking statistic) But what have you guys experienced?

I've certainly beaten lots of averages with my birds. My border canary and cockateil both lived to be 17, I bought them at the same time from the same breeder. They died within weeks of each other.

KeriKeri

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Keri
My MIL has one that’s currently at least 14. She is definitely starting to slow down though, her others lived to about that age mostly.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am sure the little linnies can see 15 as much as I would say they could live to as long as any parrotlet can. They problem with the littler birds as such are household accidents I have seen many times. With proper care and diet, any bird can live a longer than expected (generalized) life.

Mek0060

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
I truly expected Arnold to live a long life. I had him for a year. I bought him a bird bed (cloth) that he got his delicate neck stuck in and it snapped his neck when he panicked.

Mek0060

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
I made a horrible mistake in buying him that bed.

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Heartbreaking that a bird could get into trouble and actually die as a result of an action or toy. When everyone said how Linnies love huts, I just couldn't buy one. Thank you for sharing your sad story so others are aware of what can happen.