• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

White Double Flight

Roseicollis

Meeting neighbors
I’ve been considering the A&E double flight for a pair of small parakeets in the future.

6421 White - 64"x21"x65" Double Flight Cage with Divider

I’m worried about the divider and if

1. it can be removed to create a single long cage.
2. And if it is removable, is the gap too large?
3. Are there any other possible issues when it comes to housing tiny birds in these?
4. What are some generally the cheapest reliable sites to purchase cages from?

Thanks so much in advance.

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
The divider is removable and the gap is fine for budgies. I'm actually planning to get my double down from the attic this weekend to move my budgies into it!

The only issue I have with the cage is that it can be a bit hard to clean because of the way things fall into the bottom support beam when you remove the divider. Also, there is a horizontal support beam in the center of the cage which some people don't like. The HQ version of the same cage does not have that beam, I believe.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Yes the HQ doesn't have the double bars in the middle. I had both and didn't really like my AE double flight. I still use my HQ especially if I am trying to get two birdies interested in cage sharing.

Roseicollis

Meeting neighbors
Thanks for the replies! What are the horizontal bars exactly for and why are they bothersome?

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
To keep the divider in place if you use it. It just limits placement of perches somewhat at the cage. It would also be in the way of a clear flight path for bigger birds, but that shouldn't be an issue for budgies.

WallyLoopey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
I have a cage almost identical to that and I DID cover my gaps with long thin strips of wood.

Besides that gap, I love the cage style.

Roseicollis

Meeting neighbors
Again thanks for the replies! One last question though!

For people with the HQ double flight, are there any guillotine style feeder doors? In some pictures, it looked like there were, and in others it wasn't very clear. Thanks in advance!

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
I have a cage almost identical to that and I DID cover my gaps with long thin strips of wood.
Are you able to measure the gap at the front? I haven't had mine assembled in so long I may be misremembering the size of it.