• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A List of Breeders and Band Numbers

Rebecca Troyer

Checking out the neighborhood
Generally sideways represents the state so would be Iowa. Hope they get back to you.

The MI would be Michigan. 780 is probably the id number for the bird. This could possibly be Parrot's Talking owned by Todd Cotterman.
Cotterman's Talking Parrots????? http://www.manta.com/c/mmnptlq/parrots-talking
As for JC there is a JC Aviary in Texas and they do breed Quakers. JC Aviary
Just guessing on both of these.
I think Cottermans is no longer in business. I can't find a working number. I did hear from JC Aviary. Their bands are JCA. Very nice people though!

CiscoKIDD

Hi looking for TSF FL anyone aware of who this could be? We're proud parronts of a rehomed CAG and she has this tag. I'd like to get in touch with them to find out her age.

Thanks

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi looking for TSF FL anyone aware of who this could be? We're proud parronts of a rehomed CAG and she has this tag. I'd like to get in touch with them to find out her age.

Thanks

Is the FL sideways and are there any numbers on the band?
It could be this: TSF Various T.S.Bird & Supply, owner Tom Flamino
PO Box 2365
Chino California, 91708
Phone:
909-628-0785
However, I would think that FL would mean Florida but that's generally if the letters are sideways.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Curious about Buzzard's silver-colored, metal, closed band. LLA TX (sideways) 200. He's a miligold macaw about 12-13 years old and his previous owner also lived in North central Texas, but didn't say where his first family got him.
TX on band = Texas. 200 is probably Buzzard's id number. LLA....???? Have you tried the Yahoo bird id group? Yahoo! Groups

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
ok, I have band question on 'Toby' at the clinic. this is the weirdest band/s I have ever seen. it looks like it's 2 bands one plastic over a either SS or aluminum band. the plastic one reads A-F-A sideways 89 LA (upright) D*I*W (upright) and rest is unreadable because 'Toby' has chewed it off, it's deep navy blue. the SS/aluminum one where it isn't cover by plastic reads T718 upright. this band is on 'Toby's' left leg, the leg has been broken at one time and has healed crooked. 'Toby is very upset if you mess with the band/s and bites hard. Dr. Tony thinks that somebody tried to remove those band/s and possibly broke his leg. the bands look like they were plastic melted over metal. the metal one is closed band the upper plastic may have been open band at one time but looks like may have heated before it was wrapped over metal one. I know that Dr. Tony sent a email to AFA but has not hear anything back yet. anybody got any ideas?

Melissa2510

Moving in
My cockatoo's band is LTB FL 366. The FL is sideways. I assume this means Florida. I hope her band might tell me some info on her age and where she came from. I tried looking through this thread for LTB, and couldn't find anything. I I've posted pictures of her band. LTB_FL.jpg FL_366.jpg

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Hello, for those who have leg bands from the AFA, any success in having them respond with information regarding the breeder? I have one from Texas but have not been able to locate any info on the breeder that used 59M.

Melissa2510

Moving in
Someone mentioned that LTB could be for Luv Them Birds, a parrot and exotic cat breeding business from Florida that is no longer in business. Does anyone know about them?

Apprille

Real Name
Apprille Seamens
Looking for my little boys breeder...

His band reads
"RJCA 086"
Looks to me an older band maybe stainless.

Thanks in advance!

Brittnee

Real Name
Brittnee
Does anyone know aNY information on the band JAN G 188. I haven't been able to find information anywhere. Believe it's from a florida breeder. It's on a Meyers parrot

Perryberry

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Looking for breeder...
HAI FL AFA
Any info would be appreciated!

jujube1209

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Julie
Can't look into it right now, but is there any way you can get a picture of the band and information on it?
Nothing like waiting until a year later. Here are pictures of Beckett's (Black Headed Caique) band.

IMG_6914.JPG IMG_6915.JPG IMG_6917.JPG

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
My cockatoo's band is LTB FL 366. The FL is sideways. I assume this means Florida. I hope her band might tell me some info on her age and where she came from. I tried looking through this thread for LTB, and couldn't find anything. I I've posted pictures of her band.
It appears the information you found is correct. Did you ever get in contact with Kathleen?

Luv Them Birds | Loxahatchee | Florida | Pet List
AvianBiotech.com - Find Breeders

the band on my CAG is AT 2936, any info?

Thanks.
That would be a difficult band to search for without more info. :( Try Leg Band Numbers or contacting Lesa (e-mail below)

Looking for my little boys breeder...

His band reads
"RJCA 086"
Looks to me an older band maybe stainless.

Thanks in advance!
Not coming up with anything... would need more info to potentially search. Likewise, might try Yahoo Groups Leg Band Numbers or contacting Lesa (e-mail below).

Does anyone know aNY information on the band JAN G 188. I haven't been able to find information anywhere. Believe it's from a florida breeder. It's on a Meyers parrot
All I can tell you right now is that the breeder breeds Pois. Another person is searching for this code for a senegal. They are in Wisconsin.

Looking for breeder...
HAI FL AFA
Any info would be appreciated!
Hurricane Aviaries - Susan Clubb; She's also an Avian Vet

Susan Clubb, D.V.M. |About Us | Comparative Pathology at Miller School of Medicine

AFA is American Federation of Aviculture. They keep records on hand of all the breeders who have purchased leg bands through them. My conure has a band, and it's because of his band that I was able to find out that his parents were wild caught imports, and he's from their first clutch in the USA (before the breeder got rid of his parents! sold/gave to another breeder). Basically, if a bird has an AFA band and you don't know the breeder code or can't find it, contact them! AFA will get in touch with the breeder (if they are still alive) and ask them if it's alright for you to contact them about the band.

Nothing like waiting until a year later. Here are pictures of Beckett's (Black Headed Caique) band.
Perfectly fine! LOL Done that sometimes when I've 'disappeared' from forums, then randomly come back and look through old threads. I can't help but wonder if QCP is the breeder, and the rest is BHC for.... well... Black Headed Caique. Part of his personal ID. Never seen a breeder do that before, so I don't even know that it's a correct guess... but then, I've seen people talk about putting "Hybrid" on the leg bands of hybrid macaws so there's no mistaking the bird as a hybrid. I don't know that anyone's actually done it though...

I still can't find anything... Lesa at Leg Band Numbers on Yahoo Groups may help. If I have her e-mail correct, you might be able to contact her directly.

mystify@cogeco.ca

Perryberry

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I checked the AFA website with no luck, my next step was to contact them. Thank you for your response! I thought it was Susan, but didn't know her aviary name!

funsizefirst

Hello! What an informative thread here. I am seeking information about my rehomed CAG, silver closed band reads JSM (then sideways) WA 00, then 2073. Not having much luck with the breeder code out on the "open internet". Thank you!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Your bird was born in Washington in 2000. Otherwise no idea.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
"JSM" seems to fall under the "no info" category... and there's a small chance that this breeder has moved around as well... or there are 3(?) breeders who have used JSM as the band info.... which basically leaves you with contacting the major suppliers of leg bands (if there's no other information on the band)

L_M_Bird Leg Bands Products Catalogue
Red Bird Products
DL Products - Leg Bands, Bird Bands, Bird Rings

*OR* start calling around to bird stores, breeders and perhaps rescues in Washington to see if anyone might recognize the band. If you joined some parrot related groups (re: Facebook?) out of Washington, that may also help.

funsizefirst

I have sent a message to my local parrot goods shop, and have a few breeders on FB (they post the best photos!) so I will ask them if they know! thank you.

AkasyaEllric

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Morgan
Any help on the leg band would be appreciated! It's either APOU FL 996 or APDU FL 996. I know FL means Flordia but unsure of the breeder code. Thanks!