• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Holiday Cage

Flyby

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
I’m due to go on holiday and my daughter has kindly said that she will look after my Linnie bird in her house for me. Because my Linnie’s cage is too big to take to my daughters house I have bought another one which is smaller so I can transport more easily. Do do think this will be ok for my little bird or am I worrying needlessly. Also the bar spacing is 15 mm is this too ok
Carol

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
How big is it and for how long? I used "temporary" cages for my guys when they were being bird sat that were smaller than their normal cages and they did just fine.

Regarding bar spacing, however, 15 MM might bit a little bit on the big side. I think generally recommended for linnies is 1/2" or 12.7 mm.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Are linnies larger than American Budgies? As Coco said - the recommended bar spacing for Budgies is half inch bar spacing, which I think would be about 7.5 mm? (That's if my mm to inch calculation is correct!)

Flyby

Sitting on the front steps
Avenue Veteran
Thank you for your suggestions. I have wondered if the spacing was too large. I will just have to try to transport her own cage to my daughters