• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Full/impacted crop?

BeeBop

Sprinting down the street
Yesterday afternoon when I got BeeBop out to play, I noticed that his crop was really full and hard to the touch. He hadn't eaten anything other than the norm so I thought it was really unusual. He also acted kind of "stuffy" for lack of a better word.. This morning he is better and active as usual but his crop still seems a little bulgy. I am holding back on food for now. Any suggestions what it could be or what I should do? Thank you! :heart:

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
Not really much help but I hope he's okay! is his poop okay?

BeeBop

Not really much help but I hope he's okay! is his poop okay?
I just checked. A few seem a little watery but it's hard to tell because some water spilled on the papers. He is talking/chirping up a storm right now but a little fluffed (it is cold in here so that's not helping). Should I give him some food?

BeeBop

Update: Just felt his crop. Its a lot better but I can still feel a slight bulge. I'm afraid if I give him food that it will refill.. I had a chicken with this problem and after 24hrs with just a little bit of yogurt it cleared. Wondering if the same thing applies to this little guy? He is talking to my computer right now but I can tell he's hungry :(

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Vet is my only answer...if he has an impaction, you won't be able to fix that. Do not remove his food without your vet's advice.

BeeBop

Vet is my only answer...if he has an impaction, you won't be able to fix that. Do not remove his food without your vet's advice.
Ok. He has only been without food since he woke up just a few hours ago. The only reason I'm not getting too excited is because he is active as normal. (chirping and dancing right now) I think I am going to give him some oats/seeds to see if his crop will refill or not.