• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Chemical fire

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Thank you all very much for everything! It is really appreciated:heart: They have masters the fire according to the last news, thankfully! Little Pippin still gets uneasy sometimes and wants a few reassuring cuddles, but they are sleeping just fine aside from that. I can’t See any smoke in the air, but well it’s night so it would be hard to see. I wonder if I should let them stay inside tomorrow too, if the fire is extinguised by then? I would think so, but would still appriciate your opinions!
I rather like having the whole family here to be honest:rolleyes: If it were day they could all be out playing and cuddling:xflove:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Keep safe! ♥
I'm so happy that you did bring them in.
I wonder if I should let them stay inside tomorrow too
As they do live where it is much colder I would take them out ASAP. If they stay indoor to long they will be cold outside.
And if it's no smoke or smell in the air, and you see other wild birds flying around it will be safe.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Keep safe! ♥
I'm so happy that you did bring them in.

As they do live where it is much colder I would take them out ASAP. If they stay indoor to long they will be cold outside.
And if it's no smoke or smell in the air, and you see other wild birds flying around it will be safe.
Thank you very much! They Will appriciate being back outside no doubt! The rabbits are all snuggles up together and stretched out all the way:embarassed: They don’t have much excess room though as I couldn’t find their other travel cage:hmmm:

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh gosh! I hope you are all ok! :hug8:

I'm glad you were able to bring the outside kids in!

Stay safe :hug8:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good that you brought them inside. Stay safe.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I rather like having the whole family here to be honest:rolleyes: If it were day they could all be out playing and cuddling:xflove:
You are too cute! :) I hope you have a big happy farm/sanctuary one day :fairy:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Oh my goodness stay safe!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Rooting for your entire human and animal flock to be safe and comfortable in the circumstances.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Thank you all very much!:heart::hug8:
Everything is okay again, I woke up an hour earlier today to see what it is like now and the sky was clear. When the sun came up birds started singing and flying:) I brought them back outside and I got Some happy tail wags from the ducks:laugh: The rabbits were pretty comfortable in their carrier appearantly, they were not interested in leaving it:lol: They are all happily munching away on Some food now.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
This is good news. I woke up this am to a beautiful blanket of white stuff. In Maryland just about everything is closed down for the day.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
This is good news. I woke up this am to a beautiful blanket of white stuff. In Maryland just about everything is closed down for the day.
You probably think there is no end to winter....,

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@TikiMyn did you hear rabbit thumps during the night?

When my grandbunny spends the night, I hear a lot of those.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
It is:heart: Ahw, but that does mean a Nice day with Murphy and Mickey! We don’t get a lot of snow, just a few days a year:rolleyes:

@TikiMyn did you hear rabbit thumps during the night?

When my grandbunny spends the night, I hear a lot of those.
I didn’t, but they are usually very active during the night. They didn’t have a lot of room so that is why they slept through this night I assume:) Most nighs Breezer chews around quite a bit, but he is relatively quiet. Bacardi(my mother named them:meh::lol:)on the other hand is drama queen and if she chews something she Will make sure everyone knows it:lol:She also steals things and runs around with them:rolleyes:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My grandbunny chewed a stand of Christmas lights in two, chewed computer cords in two, etc. etc. etc.

I also bought her cute little bunny toys from one of our vendors, www.parrotstreasure.com. I stashed them and when she comes to spend the night or weekend, she returns with another toy.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Great news!

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Everything is okay again, I woke up an hour earlier today to see what it is like now and the sky was clear. When the sun came up birds started singing and flying:) I brought them back outside and I got Some happy tail wags from the ducks:laugh:
They where happy to be back outside. ♥
And great update! :)