• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

A message from Spee...celebrate with me

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
Enjoy your day, Spee!

Garet

Real Name
Garet
IT'S WORLD SPARROW DAY TOMORROW?????

Time to break out the extra special bread for the wild flock.

HAPPY PARTY DAY SPEE!

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Happy Spee Day! :xflove:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Happy World Sparrow Day Spee! Time to celebrate your awesomeness!:starshower1:

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Happy world sparrow day to Spee, and all the sparrows of the world!

I think they're so cute and I've recently begun feeding them. They wait for me now and when I do my special little whistle they all fly over cause they know it's breakfast time.

They even recognize my car now and hope I'll feed them dinner too. I just throw out a handful everyday because I don't want to over do it, like I did years ago with pigeons. I wouldn't mind millions of sparrows or pigeons by my house but I don't want my neighbors getting upset

Btw- are they endangered? The link you posted talks about conserving Them?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Happy world sparrow day to Spee, and all the sparrows of the world!

I think they're so cute and I've recently begun feeding them. They wait for me now and when I do my special little whistle they all fly over cause they know it's breakfast time.

They even recognize my car now and hope I'll feed them dinner too. I just throw out a handful everyday because I don't want to over do it, like I did years ago with pigeons. I wouldn't mind millions of sparrows or pigeons by my house but I don't want my neighbors getting upset

Btw- are they endangered? The link you posted talks about conserving Them?

There have been changes in the environment that have caused a decrease in their population and, in addition, some people kill them because they consider them pests since they can take over nests of native birds. :( They make nests where I live and every year I find more and more dead babies on the ground. :sad10:

Spee is showing his age and is less active. He's always had issues due to his non-functional legs but now he needs more assistance from me. I love him very much and celebrate him and his sparrow "relatives".

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane

There have been changes in the environment that have caused a decrease in their population and, in addition, some people kill them because they consider them pests since they can take over nests of native birds. :( They make nests where I live and every year I find more and more dead babies on the ground. :sad10:
Oh no, I did not know that! Very sad! I feel even more privileged to feed them now. Thank you for replying.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Happy World Sparrow Day to Spee and all the Sparrows everywhere!

We have a large flock of wild sparrows that live in the evergreen trees in our front and back yards. The last time I counted, there was at least 25 of them...

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Happy Spee Day - I loved him from the start... not sure if it was his darling face, or his innocence or what, but from the first pic of him I was hooked!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
In honor of Worldwide Spee Day (ooopps Sparrow Day :D) I wore my sparrow bracelet and gave Spee some cashew pieces. I would put some millet outside for the wild sparrows but it's supposed to rain here.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Spee would like to thank you for the nice posts about him and for celebrating Sparrow Day with him.