• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sisal rope boing.........

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
Does anybody else use the sisal bungee rope boings in their Lovebird cages? I just replaced my two cotton boings (because they are eight months old and getting dirty) with sisal boings. They seem really rough to me and my birds like to slide down these things rather fast. Does anybody think they are too rough for little bird feet? The cotton ones were really soft.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I have three sisal boings but I Made them myself, so it is probably not the same. Mine are thinner too because my lovies court thick ones:lol: I have never heard of them sliding down:embarassed: It must be fun to see that! I have no clue wether that hurts their feet though. My sisal is rather soft and I don’t think that would hurt their feet. Though as I Said I don’t know if your sisal is rougher:)

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
Thanks Robin........I'm probably going to replace them with the cotton bungee ropes. Yes, they love to slide..........when they are out of the cage like to fly on top of the dome and then s-l-i-d-e down the dome to greet one another, usually one is inside and one is on the outside. So far they are not sliding on these new sisal ropes.

Serin

Sprinting down the street
Sisal is safer to chew on, but if that's not an issue, cotton are softer and more comfy on their feet.