• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures The Gang

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Harry is doing pretty well with remedial target training. Tonight, he was a bit reticent to finally step up from Petey's cage top, but a better caliber of reward did the trick. A pistachio got immediate compliance. He can be be pinchy but seems to be settling down with age. Maybe?
image.jpeg
Daffy's flying is progressing. And she loves to have the webbing skin at her "armpit" rubbed or to turn her head upside down for jawbone rubs.
image.jpeg
Petey "asked" to go on the ring stand for the first time. He is slowly gaining confidence and getting adventurous. However, he is perfectly happy with food, scritches, and paper to shred.
image.jpeg
Annie the pot stirrer was pretty good. However, if another bird is with me she thinks she should be on me, too. She finally got "big bird" (both wings open) 3 times tonight. Sadly, I missed it with my phone.
image.jpeg
And she's always ready to fly to me.
image.jpeg
I remember working with imported conures, greys, and cockatoos as a kid and dreaming of a macaw. Sometimes, dreams do come true. :)

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
They are absolutely beautiful!

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Absolutely beautiful fids! :heart:

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Annie looks like a stuffed animal!

Aubrey

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are all gorgeous :heart2:

I have a feeling Annie is a bit :devil:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I get into trouble spending time with Pilo on a daily basis!

Ok... spill the beens? How do manage with your wonderful lot?

I know my birds and watch them closely. I've never had a true fight, except when I tried to have Morgan out. She thinks she's a harpy eagle and tackled Daff in midair. The 4 macs squabble, usually because of Annie. I will occasionally move somebody if the squabble is sustained. I like for them to learn to interact with each other. All can fly, save Petey, so they are pretty good about separating when needed. I'm a parrot juggler. ;)