• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

It's fine she had a shower...Right?

Birdlovesme

Sprinting down the street
Peanut's desires for baths gave me new ideas for bathtime, though she tries for her water bowl (but she's too big) ;)
Misting seemed to work, but not enough. Tried the shower on the wall thing, and she loved it! Just kinda stood there and drank the water while it misted her :wacky:
Making sure if it's ok for her, with her small size and all. :facepalm: A few sneezes afterwards but that's it. Seems she enjoyed it :cool:
Now she's with the tiels, drying off and chillin :p 15182816977482010680656.jpg 20180210_104503.jpg

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
As soaking wet as you can make her. :D

Jenphilly

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer

Showers are awesome!! We have the double shower head, where one can be a hand held. When Max gets his shower (and he HATES) bath or shower time, I don't put the water full on and put the shower head to mist setting.

The only thing this time of year (presuming you are part of the Artic weather group of us), just make sure your little one is in a warm cozy area with no drafts or real air movement. I usually turn the heat up a couple degrees just so its a bit warmer when Max gets his thorough soaking.

But baths / showers year round make for a healthier feathered baby!! Cute little wet ball!!

Another thought, tho mostly on topic. If you have Corning or glass baking dishes / pans, give her a glass pie plate or 8x8 glass pan you would make brownies in. They make awesome bird baths for the smaller guys. Water is deep enough for them to get in and splash around well and plenty of space for playing. Being heavy glass, they won't spill for any smaller birds (even used one for a timeh we fostered for a while, only way he would take a bath was in a glass bowl).

Birdlovesme

Sprinting down the street
Thank you, @Jenphilly ! I've tried the pans, but all she does is drink from them. Showers are her favorite now :laugh:
My room is warm, considering I have 2 plant lights and 3 other lights for heat for my chameleon and my herbs in here, she actually dried off in about 15 minutes! All nice, clean, and fluffy now :xflove:

(Its not too hot in here, I make sure it's a good temp to keep everyone warm )

Jenphilly

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Thank you, @Jenphilly ! I've tried the pans, but all she does is drink from them. Showers are her favorite now :laugh:
My room is warm, considering I have 2 plant lights and 3 other lights for heat for my chameleon and my herbs in here, she actually dried off in about 15 minutes! All nice, clean, and fluffy now :xflove:

(Its not too hot in here, I make sure it's a good temp to keep everyone warm )

Love when they enjoy the shower or bath!! Get a video or photo if you can. She is such a super cutie, too adorable to watch her play in the shower!! Or have you tried the sink with the water barely turned on? Her own personal waterfall!

Jas

Real Name
Jasmine
Super cute wet birdy!