• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gracie and Reggie Update

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
We adopted Reggie one week ago, after Gracie spent two weeks with him, at the vets house.
They definitely like each other and spend a good amount of time talking back and forth, dancing and facing each other, most of the time.
When they were out of their cages today, Gracie, flew to hi. And stRted a little fight and flew away. Reggieis a very poor flyer, and therefore at a great disadvantage. I put Gracie in her cage and they stRted tLking and making electronic sounds back and forth.
For the time being and maybe always, I will let them out one at a time.
Here are pictures taken yesterday.
Reggie is on top.
BEC9F464-CA6E-4FD9-81EA-231C0C5DB513.jpeg DD060673-E926-4E16-9212-C5BD416B9AB1.jpeg

Smbrds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Shawn
Good idea on letting them out one at a time. They seem to like interaction from each other...from a distance. Looks like Reggie is settling in nicely.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:heart: She ‘s so pretty. I don’t know much about Greys, but she still has a baby face. ♥ I love baby bird faces.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Very pretty birds!

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
So magnificent! These birds are beautiful! I'm so glad they get along! So happy for Gracie!!!

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Just saw your threads today, I'll be interested in following along. Both are beautiful birds.

I have a Timneh and have been considering setting up some meet and greets with adoptable Grey's to see how he reacts. He too is a feather picker and was very interested in a Grey he saw out at the groomers once.

Congrats on your two!