• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Deleting my account

RachelZ

Sitting on the front steps
How do I delete my account? Due to what I feel was a condescending answer from a "top contributor", I no longer feel welcome here and would like to leave this community, but I don't know how to delete my account. Thanks.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry that you feel that way. You can not delete your account, but you do not have to come back if you do not wish to.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
No matter where you post (especially FB), if it is in a public place you must expect to hear opinions from all sides. It's not always going to be what you want to hear. Sometimes you need to hear these things. If not, in one ear, out the other. Take and use the information you need and just let the rest go. There is a wealth of knowledge and info here. The loss is yours if you leave because of one comment. It will be the same or worse wherever you go.

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
You are leaving because you were offended by one person? There are a lot of members here that you would be missing out on. Sorry you feel this way

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Let that unpleasant comment go. No one is a 100% avian expert here and there is a lot of knowledge and advice.
One person said something negative about me behind my back, but so what. It's their opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't internalize the opinions of strangers.

I hope you stay.

RachelZ

Sitting on the front steps
Thank you, everyone! I will be staying. The comment from the member that I saw as I problem I now realize was both good and well-intentioned advice. I had had a tough evening and so took that out on here. I'm so sorry I took offense, and I hope that others will not hesitate to share whatever they think is best for my bird!

Thanks again!

Nikomania

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Glad to hear that you're staying! We all have bad days, so we understand.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
We are all learning how to communicate better.
Glad you are staying.
For one comment I might feel badly about, there are 20 more that are comforting and helpful in the way I am able to follow through with the suggestion.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Glad you are staying.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Glad you're staying! :)

Barbara2

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Glad you are staying, there are many, many nice knowledgeable people here and you can learn so much..

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Thank you, everyone! I will be staying. The comment from the member that I saw as I problem I now realize was both good and well-intentioned advice. I had had a tough evening and so took that out on here. I'm so sorry I took offense, and I hope that others will not hesitate to share whatever they think is best for my bird!

Thanks again!
Glad you decided to stay here. I've been on this board since it's inception and I have been on boards prior to this. This board is great! It's taken years for the ones who were sharp tongued etc to leave and those who were bullies. You will not find that here. I have been not so around, but life has me busy. Now that I have a new business that is all for the birds, I have to make the time to enjoy AA again as I did back in 2009 and even before that. I missed many of the bird peeps I know and like. So I am back!

Hope I get to know you too. ;)

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
Glad that you decided to stay. :hug8:

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
(This is an old thread; the member hasn’t been around since November)