• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

"DIRTY BIRD"...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Funny thing today. Wife brought the jar of baby food to me to open it. Milton knew what that jar was right away, and ran over to me. I asked him if he wanted some of it, and he shook his head yes and started running around in a happy mood. I opened the jar and began to eat the food off the inside of the lid!

Milty seems to know what a jar of food looks like, and what's inside that jar....we'll have to do further research on this situation...;)

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I told him that today... all he did was look at me with a goofy look on his face. o_O
Wow! You rendered him speechless? How did you do that?! You know he's thinking about it....telling ya....smells like PIG CAKE! HAHA! He's so clever I wonder if it is possible to confuse him. I wonder if he will figure out your teasing, and what that even is. Wow it's funny he's almost human! :laugh:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I was watching a utube video of Gotcha the cockatoo, omg another umbrella cockatoo and he's a riot too, he even tells his owner he wants Chinese food and he wants white rice! He also gets mad when someone is in the bathroom, he yells outside the door and says he's got to get in there! U2's are just too much! But boy I also saw one of his tantrums!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
@Nancy B If it's the daytime one where he says he wants a hug afterwards, please link it? I can't find it anymore.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Yeah, I own a couple of crest feathers...
Hey, if you'd like a crest feather from Milty, I could always mail you one! He seems like he's always got one or two crest feathers growing in at any given time, and that means molting crest feathers. :)
He's got two coming in right now...those two came out at the beginning of the week...

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Lurch would just suddenly blurt out a new word or phrase he learned from us. When he was by himself he'd practice his favorites in various ways like he was deciding the best way to say it and change it up. Dobby just loves to whistle and will express himself with various woof whistles and noises, then he'll say Dobby boy or something similar in my voice and sisters voice. He probably knows more but just loves whistling best.
Nerd never talked, he spoke wild Pionus.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
OH my gosh - "I'll talk 'til I'm dead!!"... I just watched this one after the tantrum one - ya'll are right - Gotcha is SUCH a hoot!
@cassiesdad Do you have videos of Milton on Youtube?

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Hey, if you'd like a crest feather from Milty, I could always mail you one! He seems like he's always got one or two crest feathers growing in at any given time, and that means molting crest feathers. :)
He's got two coming in right now...those two came out at the beginning of the week...
Hey start mailing those to his fans! :joyful:

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
OH my gosh - "I'll talk 'til I'm dead!!"... I just watched this one after the tantrum one - ya'll are right - Gotcha is SUCH a hoot!
@cassiesdad Do you have videos of Milton on Youtube?
Hahahahaha! Love that! That's an excedrin bird! Or motrin....or anything you can get your hands on lol. I want to get Freddy a harness in time so he can go outside with us. @cassiesdad what do you take Milton out in? In time, I want Freddy to be well socialized. It will be quite a while. Freddy goes back and forth with being ok being touched, and not being ok. My son was so happy yesterday. He was allowed to pet Freddy for the first time. He's getting through his trust issues. He reached out to my son.:fairy2:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
@cassiesdad what do you take Milton out in?
Milton goes out in his travel cage. When he flew, we had a harness, which he detested...naturally.

When we are inside, he comes out of his cage....
Do you have videos of Milton on Youtube?
Milton has a dislike of cameras...he has attacked and destroyed two of them in the past. I'm afraid all you'd see on a video of Milty is a black beak grabbing the device...;)