• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Playstands?

Rob

Walking the driveway
lets see your playstands! Looking for inspiration.

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
We don’t have it yet but we are working on getting it. It’s on my have to get list for 2018 343BD056-669C-44FD-A7B1-E9D1AB2EF99D.jpeg

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
I have like two or three of those. I was at petsmart a few years ago and they had them marked down to $18 so I bought them out. All in storage.

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
Wow $18?!! Javi you got them virtually free!! Our bird stand is one we made out of the sycamore in the back yard. It's designed so our birds can go to the window and has a platform. It's messy and crazy looking but Charlie loves it. The birds in the birds' room just has large branches of this tree in the room and they love it too.

I put branches of trees inside all the flight cages every other day. I wash the branch and leaves (assuring it is safe for birds), then I put it in their cages so it looks like the wild.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
We've got sooooo much extra pvc piping that one day I might actually build one:lol:

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Fumes? We have a handheld pipe cutter thingy. I've never noticed fumes?

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
I've always wanted a java stand. Need to at least get the perches for like cage top.

Erikalynnha

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
They are sooooooo expensive but it was worth it. Alot of room for them to move around and the branches on it are different diameters which is awesome. The only thing I don't like is its slippery. I tried to fix that with vet wrap but the birds just pull it off. I'm gonna try rubbing the branches with sand paper to try and give it more grip.

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
More branchges in between flight cages.jpg Natural branches inside flight cages.jpg Window play for fids.jpg Natural branches in fids' room.jpg Micro-Greens as a playing and eating field for fids.jpg Bottom of playstand.jpg Top of playstand integrated into window toys.jpg Charlie posing with a blackberry (lawn people are here, he freaks out).jpg

All our fids have branches from our sycamore tree to hand out on and in. The window has a net and a $2 Ikea scarf holder plus some Lil Monster's hanging toys (they are decimated as they love Shawna's toys). I've evens shoved branches in their cages so they have lots to fly around in and do stuff in cages. It's all about making it fun. I thought it would be need to see if they would eat the micro-greens. Charlie loves them!

This is our play stand. It isn't just in one place although it can, we just have brought a little of the outside, inside.

Last edited: