• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hello

Smbrds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Shawn
He's in bath heaven! How does he like his baths? Be careful about giving baths late in the day so they can have enough time to dry off. :)

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Awwww - George is a doll! Splash... :angel5:

Birdlover42

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Alicia
I gave him a bath early in the day and the bathroom I took him to afterward is the warmest room in the house. I didn't blow dry him but had the hair dryer on to warm the room. He's not very tame but with he loved his bath and sat in my lap while I rubbed his head and back. He seemed to really enjoy it. There's no other time he would ever let me do that with him. Any advice is beyond welcome! I'm so happy to have found this forum!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Sounds like you're doing well with him. What a gorgeous bird!

Just make sure the hair dryer doesn't have Teflon in it so it's safe around birds. :)

Smbrds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Shawn
And we are glad you're here! White-face and normal greys melt my heart, but tiels in general do. George is a cutie. As you mentioned before with him molting, he just may be a little bit grumpy and additional protein and calcium are needed during that time. And patience!

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
@faislaq - Wow, I had no idea that there was Teflon in blow dryers! I wonder how you would know? Are the ceramic ones Teflon (or is it the Ionic ones I'm thinking of)... I can't remember what my blow dryer is now, thank goodness I rarely use it!

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I don't know. You could probably look up the model (or post it here if you can't find it; someone's bound to know how to check). :cantsee:

I don't own hair products or styling tools beyond a brush, but I'm thinking of getting a hair dryer just for the birds. :smuggrin:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I don't own hair products or styling tools beyond a brush, but I'm thinking of getting a hair dryer just for the birds.

LOL! Now why doesn't this surprise me... About everything I have bought lately has been for the birds - and I've been more excited about these purchases than something for myself! I wish you could have seen me running into the house yesterday yelling "The TOYS are here, the TOYS are here!!!" :laughing7::loltears:

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Guilty. :shy: It's so fun, though. :D

Birdlover42

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Alicia
Idk if my hairdryer has Teflon? but I'm thinking I won't use it anymore just in case. When I had it on I was worried it might not be healthy for him so I shut it off. Cockatiels are so sensitive and I had one in the past that had seizures. I think it happened because of cleaning products.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm so sorry. :( All we can do is do the best we can with what we know.