• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

An adoptable baby

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
She is adorable! :heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
What a beautiful girl.

Laylatoo

Jogging around the block
Mayor of the Avenue
What a beautiful little girl! Love her. I look forward to watching her grow up through photos!

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I cannot wait to get her home! There’s a chance we can bring her home Wednesday but it’s an hour drive there and an hour drive back and it’s supposed to snow in our area so I’m not sure that’s workable just yet

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
:bliss:Sooo, today is Wednesday. Did you go and get her? :bliss:

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
No :(
It has snowed 8 inches so far and still snowing. So far the plan is for Saturday
Yea!!! I love snow. I know you are disappointed. Do you have pictures of her cage that you have set up for her?

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Not yet :( hubby may have broken his foot, and you have to have two people to put the cage together, so needless to say it’s not together yet :facepalm:

I’m having a friend come and help me tonight so hopefully I can get pictures up and get y’alls opinion before we bring her home tomorrow

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Yea!!! I love snow. I know you are disappointed. Do you have pictures of her cage that you have set up for her?
Here is what I have so far. I’ve got a few toys ordered that haven’t come in yet, and Debbie is sending a few perches with her until she can get her balance with perching. 33473BC1-16DB-416A-8BB6-4E969E68B1D1.jpeg BF066993-AA53-4189-9E33-715118062CE3.jpeg 0414F079-7D96-479C-A80D-770E0F959147.jpeg

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Suggestions on what else to add or advice for this?

orphansparrow

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara
I'm curious about the blanket underneath the newspaper. Is this for her balance issue?

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I'm curious about the blanket underneath the newspaper. Is this for her balance issue?
Kind of. She likes to climb with her beak but will fall. So they recommended blankets under the newspaper for the time being

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Suggestions on what else to add or advice for this?
I would add a couple of platform perches 3-5" above the newspaper...if there is room. You can use shelves and cover them with fleece lining.
More toys when you can get them. I try to have five or more in a cage with my macaws...that don't play with them.
The one who does play with this toys knocks at least one of them down a day.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I would add a couple of platform perches 3-5" above the newspaper...if there is room. You can use shelves and cover them with fleece lining.
More toys when you can get them. I try to have five or more in a cage with my macaws...that don't play with them.
The one who does play with this toys knocks at least one of them down a day.
I was waiting to see what a Debbie gave me. And boy did she give me a bunch! A62554FB-0566-4898-A54C-99888849AEE0.jpeg 9BDD0AF1-09FF-4798-B473-EAC411F7815D.jpeg 04761D3B-EAC6-43F4-ACF4-0A3F51FFF741.jpeg 67AF3D4B-7F4A-4A27-A318-0F673D02D9BC.jpeg

Now if I can get her to stop biting, everything will be close to perfect. She has stolen our hearts already

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
I saw the pics on your other thread. The cage looks awesome.
Leave the door open (if you can) when you are home. It won't be long before she is coming to you as close as she can.

You are killing me here. My Ekkie died several months ago. I don't know what happened. I didn't get tests done.
She didn't appear to be sick to me. It's the 2nd bird that I've had die in this cage. Cage is now gone.
Anyway, now I want an Ekkie. She looks so sweet.

Last edited:

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
We leave the cage open all the time. We have blankets underneath as she is still learning her balancing, so she flew out Saturday afternoon. It’s so cute to hear her walk on the floor. She let us pick her up and I had her on the couch and then on my bed. But that was it. She had enough of me since she didn’t want to come out yesterday, lol. She sat at the very front of the cage just observing everything. I let her see how I act with my other birds and kids, ect to let her get used to the surroundings.

Chopper

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Mine used to like to be touched by me for about five minutes and then she wanted to be back on her cage.

Last edited:

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
I don’t even care if she doesn’t like to be touched. But I would like her to be okay with handling instead of biting, lol