• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

pictures of plucked and barbered feathers

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Jingo is obsessed with leather laces. Most quakers really enjoy pieces of string and sticks because their instincts say they are good nest making material :)
Thanks for the tip, Shawna! Blu has 2 toys with leather laces that he likes to play with. :)

I am always afraid of leaving him with string cause, I hate to say this but it's true, he's not that bright...not to mention me being way too paranoid.:rolleyes: I can try some sticks though! That sounds like a great idea too! Thank you!

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Okay, this one came out today

20161215_095619.jpg

I didn't see exactly what happened because I try not to look but I do know he played with it for a few minutes after it came out . Then when he wasn't paying attention I picked it up off the floor. I don't see the top half anywhere. Should I be concerned now?

Eta* yesterday I noticed his tail feather was cracked so I'm not sure if this is a tail feather?

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It's straight, which means it's a tail feather. Wing feathers are slightly curved.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
A fine clipped/broken tipped feather it is.