• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

New green cheek owner!

Ninna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kate Pinks
She's absolutely gorgeous! I can't believe how quickly she's settled in with you. It's obviously a perfect fit! I'm very happy for you both.

Tibbz812

Meeting neighbors
Just wondering if anyone uses the UVA/UVB lights for their conures? Ive seen them around and Im on a roll buying anything she needs!

Also is there any need to clip their nails? I dont think they are overly long, but wasnt sure if its something that needs to be done.

Last edited:

Charlotted4

Moving in
Hi!
We have simular stories. I rescued a male green cheek Dec 22. He also had at least 2 homes. I’m just in love with him. He’s still not ready to step up and just hang but will step up when he wants to be moved. I love hand feeding him and already taught him to turn around.

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
Just wondering if anyone uses the UVA/UVB lights for their conures? Ive seen them around and Im on a roll buying anything she needs!

Also is there any need to clip their nails? I dont think they are overly long, but wasnt sure if its something that needs to be done.
I have one as it gets dark at 4 in the afternoon and its too cold to take them outside as birds can see in uv so it can help some birds (it gives them their sight back).

If they aren't long then don't worry about clipping them. You could file them or use a bird safe nail trimming perch. To tell if a birds nails are too long their toes should not be lifted up when on a flat surface.