• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Big Mama can fly!

I wanna fly

Moving in
Real Name
Jamie Christian
A couple of weeks ago I moved big Mama, my blue and gold macaw, into my bedroom. My yellow nape Amazon, Kindred, and my Congo African Gray, Morticus, are in the living room. Big mama is very antisocial, to the point of attacking the other two if she gets a chance. The only time she gets a chance is when Kindred comes to her cage. He wants to be friends, but she’s not having it! Plus I wanted to be able to give her some one on one time. I was sitting on the side of my bed a few days ago when I heard a rustling of wings! It was big Mama flying! Twice in the past year that I have had her she has glided down to the floor from the top of her cage. She was so badly plucked when I got her that I have no idea when the last time she flew or how long she had been plucking. She did not glide down this time, she was flapping those big ole wings and flew about 20 feet and landed on a hanging potted plant. It was so amazing, it was almost like she was flying in slow motion. I was so afraid that she would crash but she didn’t. I’m so proud of my big baby! 4AE8018C-8B9D-4CA8-A25F-78E8BDDFC48E.jpeg

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
:dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4::dance4:

Way to go, Big Mama!

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That's wonderful! Not to be a bummer, but that plant shes on is poison.