• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heartbroken beyond words

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh no! I'm so very sorry. How heartbreaking for you and your family. He was very lucky that you gave him such a loving home, even if it was for far too short a time. He knew love, which is all any of us can hope for before we move on.
:sadhug2:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am in shock as you must be too. You and your family, including your AA family were so moved by the video you posted yesterday. Please know Jason crossed the bridge as a happy budgie because of his time with you.

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
I am so sorry Jason was just precious. :sorrow:

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm terribly sorry about the loss off Jason :sorrow: It was obvious he was loved.

Fly high Jason:fly2:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry you lost him :sadhug:

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
Oh no I’m so sorry for your loss :sorrow:
He had a wonderful life and he was very loved, now he can happily fly high at the bridge.
:sadhug::sadhug:

Last edited:

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
Thank you everyone for the support, it has been an awful day. The worst part of all of it was Claudia was home sick for the day and was there when I uncovered his cage. I was a total mess and she was beside herself as well. We just snuggled on the couch for a couple of hours crying before I had to go in to work.
We buried him in the backyard in our sunflower patch. I asked her if she wanted to sing a song and we sang a very tear-full "Jesus loves me".
I know we grieve together here, and I appreciate everyone's thoughts. Thank you :sadhug2:

This brought tears to my eyes, Lots of love and hugs to you and your household :sadhug:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Tears coming here too as I read your above post.

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
I can't say enough how much I appreciate everyone's words of comfort. I told a friend (who is not a huge animal lover) and she said "well good thing he was a free bird"
I forgive her, because I know she doesn't understand the love of an animal. She has never known the unconditional love of an animal and the mutual trust it takes to get there.
I love this site because I know on AA even if there are differing opinions, at the end of the day every life is precious from macaws to finches, each one is cherished and loved. I know everyone here understands the level of love and how much my heart aches for his loss.
He was so precious to me and I've said it before, my heart is on overload. Jason was so insanely special to me. I am happy my husband brought Mia (and sky) home, but at the same time my heart still hurts.
Thank you all!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I just noticed your signature in another post. :sad1: I am so sorry Jason is gone. Thank you for giving him the safest, most precious month of his brief life. He would never have known happiness and love if it weren't for your family. :sadhug2:

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I am so sorry for your loss.

SquawksNibbles

Real Name
Kiera
I'm so sorry for the loss of your feathered friend! I too was devasted when I lost my first Budgie and best friend, Bella.

He sounded like an awesome little bird, and I'm sure he loved you very much!

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I am so sorry

Riptide Queen

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Uri
I'm so so so sorry for your loss... He was a very special boy and I'm very glad that you gave him a nice loving place to land... He absolutely knows that he had a great life the moment you stepped in and scooped him up... Wings raised and fly high little buddy.. say hi to the other fids that we all miss as well.