• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lying on back and playing

ergunm

Meeting neighbors
Is it common for lovebirds to play lying on their back?

Totto (he) never does it, but Ringo does it when she plays with toy balls. She lies on her back and holds the ball with her feet. I saw conures playing like that but didn't think lovebirds does it. She is also fine to lie on her back on my hand, Totto hates that.

anyone else have lovebird doing this?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bump4:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
You are lucky I think! Not Many lovies do that, in fact I have never heard of it but I am just one person. You can teach them to play dead for example, but I have not heard of a lovie playing kn her back naturally! I think it is really adorable if they do:rolleyes: Any pictures Maybe:D

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’ve never seen any of mine play on their backs, but some of them will lay on their backs in my hand.

LunaLovebird

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I've never seen mine do it either. Luna sometimes plays with my fingers lying on her back, but that's about it.

ergunm

Meeting neighbors
she is a very funny and playful bird, she thinks she is a conure maybe :) she is also very bossy.

it is hard to take picture since phone or camera distracts her. attaching two which I took from a distance so sorry for bad quality.

playing with her red ball. she was moving the ball between her head and tail with her feet.
IMG_0787.jpg

playing (and destroying) pine cone. when she was done with it only powder of pine cone was left.
IMG_0788.jpg

Last edited:

LunaLovebird

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Oh my goodness lol. I think she's forgotten what species she is.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That is sooo cute!:faint: It sounds like she has a wonderful big personality:heart:

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
That's so precious! Aaaaw. :heart:
I would have a literal heart attack if I came into her room and saw Peanut laying like that in her cage. So no, she doesn't do that. :lol:
Your little one is very special. :xflove:

When Peanut's attacking a larger toy, like a ball or something, she isn't afraid to roll on her back while she flails but will never stay there. Not really intentional, just happens sometimes in the chaos of attacking a toy. Once she did get kinda stuck holding her big ball in her feets trapped on her back and didn't seem to realize she needed to let go to right herself. Bless her.
But it wasn't intentional and she didn't like being "trapped" there.