• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Where did the time go

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
My two little trouble makers are going to be turning 17 this December/January. Where did the time go? I have noticed this past year Gracie is starting to slow down a bit more and taking more time to nap. Plays for about 20 minutes then naps for about 30 sometimes a little longer depending on where or who she is sleeping on.

Bo has been a bit more active at night of all things lol. I will be getting up on my nights off and all of a sudden I hear Mr. McFlappy going off in his cage for a good 10 minutes he will go eat and go back to sleep. He isn't as interested in playing when my husband is around but when I do I even get tail wags from him :laughing12:. He is still my shy boy and will let me talk to him and we play every day. I am hoping to work on getting him to start taking food from me soon.

They are as different as night and day as they get older and it interesting to see how they still squabble with each other over sitting on someone's cage when they are not supposed too.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
For them they had 17 good years with you! ♥
When reading about parrots that don't have a good life, we must remember that some has that, like Bo and Gracie. ♥

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww. They sound so sweet :heart::xflove::heart:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Time flies when we're having fun!

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a wounderful life they've had with you! I hope my birdies will all be around in 17 years!

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
@Tiel Feathers they will be. I think with lots of love care and companionship it makes such a world of difference. We know our fids are social and bonding beings like we are and they need the same things we do. I always worry am I doing the right thing. I think I'm doing okay so far lol.