• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone have a heart bird?

Riptide Queen

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Uri
Granted we all love our fids so very much, but, there's always that one bird, that one bird you have such a special connection to and you can't place you finger on it...

A friend of mines had told me she's had many birds, but not one like her cockatiel, that bird was her heart. There was just something about that one cockatiel that she felt connected to.

Not sure if anyone has felt the same.

I'm pretty sure my heart bird is NB... I miss him so much,,, my sweet sweet boy.. :rthrtc:

Pipsqueak my GCC reminds me of NB and sometimes I slip and accidentally call him NB. My mom thinks he's a reincarnation of NB because of that. :lol:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Ahw that is so sweet:) I don't know, I would love to have one, but I had my Tiel who I loved very much and he saved me so much, then I have Henkie, after we bonded we became so close, if I cry he eats my tears and makes me feel so much better, and Fëanor already owns a piece of my heart and we have a good relationship but he hasn't been here that long so our bond still has to grow. I think I had it a little bit with my Tiel, Tiki, but I am not sure! But I also love Henkie so much, and Fea now As well, so I guess I still have to meet my real heart bird but I am not sure:D

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Gizmo, my Hahns, was my heart bird. I truly lost a piece of myself when I lost her that I will never be able to recover.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
I had one. She passed a couple of years ago. I went to a cockatiel breeder to buy a whiteface lutino baby and from the cage flew a baby cinnamon girl that just wanted to be on my head. She was on hold for a diferent person. I begged and pleaded with the breeder that she was the only bird I wanted. I offered 6 times the asking price. I offered to buy another bird for the other person. The breeder said he could not do that. I accepted it and went home with no bird. Two days later he called and said he told the other person how much I loved the little cinnamon girl and they agreed to let me have her. I stuck to my word to pay the 6 times asking price plus a bird for the other person but they refused.
My Effie was the best bird I have ever known. Her favorite place stayed on my head. I still have her mate Astro and he is my second heart bird. Very friendly and so important to me. When she died a couple of years ago he kind of got some dementia. At least that's how I describe it. He sings longily to my feet. Will only tolerate my feet or face but now hates fingers. If he is in cage wanting out he hits the talking toy that says "I love you".
Just within the last two months I had them both tattooed on me. They are in a cute cartoon style. When they finished tattoo and saw both of them together on me I cried.

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
My heart bird was my first tiel Buddy. She was the best first bird that anyone could have. She was outgoing, friendly, made people laugh, and knew when I needed some cuddling. She also ate everything in site. I miss her to this day (she died 4 years ago in Jan) and people still call Bella, Buddy. I love Bella but she could never replace what I had with Buddy.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Kiwi, my avatar, was my heart bird. I would have given anything for her to recover from pneumonia but that wasn't her future.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Twinkie is heart bird #1, and Termite is heart bird #2. :heart2: (Yes, I am ridiculously lucky!)

B131919F-4E02-4B2A-ADB5-F1859DC2C22F.jpeg

59941198-9BD3-4F2E-832B-8977019CE674.jpeg

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
My heart was Whitney my U2 and always will be, she was very special and crazy, we had a beautiful ride together. Not to many days I don't remember moments and fun crazy crazy stuff she did that could fill a full book. One of a kind and could order a triple triple from Tim Horton's drive thru without a beat for her Mom and slow traffic on the 400 in Canada with peep going OMG with her hanging from my car window opened just enough so her umbrella top would blow in the wind. :heart:

Last edited:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
That would be Nerd bird the Maxi Pionus who grew up with me and was here 31 years. Got him in 78 and he spoke wild Pionus and we understood each other perfectly. He had games we were supposed to play, he knew his name, had a name for me and a name for himself. He loved to hang out beside me and snooze, get scritches, and treats.
He would come up to us in the evening on the floor and demand treats, if we were snoozing we'd get woke up by a indignant CHIRP!!!
When all was right with his world he'd look over at me with happy eyes and go ERK, a happy noise and I'd go ERK back.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
My Sunny. I love Elvis my new too and he likes me. Adores my fiancé. But I was Sunny's whole world. I have had other pets throughout my life but I have never had a connection to one like I did with Sunny. I'm actually tearing up just thinking about him now. A heart bird definitely leaves a permanent hole in your heart when they're gone.

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Alex my GCC. She was my first bird and we connected instantly and haven't looked back since. The way she looks at me sometimes is like she can read my mind. I also have a special connection to my TAG Harley, he picked me and we just click. I love all my birds but those two are extra special.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Well yeah. :heart::lol:

Dunno if it's really right to claim Peanut as my heart-bird when she's the only bird I've had, but after 17 years of I love her so much. I cherish her more than I can bring across in words. I love everything about her, how gentile and empathetic she is while still being sassy and fully expecting to respected and taken seriously despite being an angry green cotton ball (...with with pincers for a face.) Even her naughty stuff I just laugh about, like when she pulled my social security card out of my wallet and shredded it or constantly checks to see if my beverage is light enough to push off the desk yet while it still has liquid in it because splashes are fun.
She's an awesome little friend and I hope she still has several good years left, she will always be a part of my heart. :hug8:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Dunno if it's really right to claim Peanut as my heart-bird when she's the only bird I've had,
Of course it's right!

Anyone who has read your posts about Peanut KNOW that she's your :heart: bird....:)

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Well of course its Pilo... (only don't say it out loud or he will want another raspberry) Talk about a kiss a maniac! Plus he loves everyone (except my brother in law who he bites) and will do anything to gain your attention and have a chat! I have had other fids in the past, but Pilo is definitely our heart bird! We are very lucky to have him as an integral part of our family, he loves to entertain anyone who will give the attention he craves! :heart::heart:

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
I don't think I have a heart bird yet, I dearly love Fritz but he is his own "person" and I respect that. We have had Jason for a week, he is cute :)
I did have a heart dog, so I know exactly what it feels like to be so in-tune with another creature. He was a 110lbs german shepherd named Zeke and from the day I took him home to the day he passed we were partners in everything. He was there when Claudia was born and doted on her and protected her. I miss him dearly.
I hope some day I can experience this connection again, because it is truly magical!
179530_384365068280408_1655587879_n.jpg

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I don't think I have a heart bird yet, I dearly love Fritz but he is his own "person" and I respect that. We have had Jason for a week, he is cute :)
I did have a heart dog, so I know exactly what it feels like to be so in-tune with another creature. He was a 110lbs german shepherd named Zeke and from the day I took him home to the day he passed we were partners in everything. He was there when Claudia was born and doted on her and protected her. I miss him dearly.
I hope some day I can experience this connection again, because it is truly magical!
View attachment 258456
Ahw! I think I am insanely lucky with two heart Dogs, one when I was very young, a white husky, and one who passed about three years ago, Kely was a lhasa apdo and I was defiantly her person and we did everything together! I also have a connection with a german sherperd cross who lives with my grandparents, but not on the same level.