• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

In need of a new scale

feathergirl

Walking the driveway
I have a couple of kitchen scales that I can weigh my birds on but I think it is time for an upgrade :) Here are my wants.... I want a scale that will lock in a weight and not one that changes with each movement. One that will do weights in grams/kilograms and ounces/pounds, at least up to 7 pounds but higher is okay. I want one that I can turn the auto off function off. One that runs on electricity and not a battery. I don't want it to have any perch attached to it, I will add my own. I am a soap maker and I want to use it for more than the birds. It would be really cool if it had a calibration function, some do and some don't.

So.... what is your favorite scale and what is great about it? Or is there one that you found that you love but haven't bought it yet?

I really like this one and the price is right but I haven't heard back from the company as to what it looks like without the Tufftop cover. 15 lb (7kg) Capacity (FREE 110V + BOGO OFFER) ZIEIS Veterinary Pet Scale w/ 11.5" x 9.3" DURA Platform - TuffTop Cover - Accurate to 0.1oz (5g) FREE SHIPPING

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I use an inexpensive one.

Sharper Image precision digital you can buy through Bed Bath and Beyond for $24.99. It's battery but has a tare function.

Can remove stainless steel platform and weigh foodstuffs also.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I have a small kitchen scale similar to the one Clueless mentioned. It works pretty well. My birds really have never wavered much in their body weights, thankfully.