• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Rust and paint

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I would also choose that over anything, but my house is not bird proof at all. The room that she is in IS but most of our ground floor doesn’t have doors, we have arches. And we have really big closets that she can maybe fly to and get stuck behind them. Maybe im just being paranoid but that would be an absolute nightmare! :scared2::eeeek:

:lol: I meant I take the "cage" doors off. Not the house doors. :lol:

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
:lol: I meant I take the "cage" doors off. Not the house doors. :lol:

Yeah i know :hehe: but i mean that it wouldn’t be just one room that she would fly in if i were to remove the cage doors. I was referring to the house doors to explain the situation. Having a bird room would definitely be more easy

Last edited:

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
That is what your goal should be moving forward.

I’ve been thinking about building an aviary in our garden with heat pads and stuff just in case it gets cold. I live in a little village so there is enough room. I have a neighbor that also has one and he has had it for a really long time. Do you recommend building an aviary?

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Hahaha i can imagine hearing her/him sing but not knowing from where and then just seeing her/his little head peeking out from the side:hehe:
That is totally what happened one time:rofl:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I’ve been thinking about building an aviary in our garden with heat pads and stuff just in case it gets cold. I live in a little village so there is enough room. I have a neighbor that also has one and he has had it for a really long time. Do you recommend building an aviary?
Do you want to house her permenantly there or just to play and get Some sun? I think she would love it! I take my lovies outside in a carrier and am harness training them but we would love to have an outdoor aviary! So if you can do it, I would!

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
Do you want to house her permenantly there or just to play and get Some sun? I think she would love it! I take my lovies outside in a carrier and am harness training them but we would love to have an outdoor aviary! So if you can do it, I would!

To house her permenantly, but of course i still want to spend time with her so I don’t really know how to balance that. I’m still looking at my pro’s and con’s of the situation. If this plan goes through i will definitely get some buddy’s for Kiwi so that she’s not alone:woot2:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
You could do that of course, but you know the weather in the Netherlands, if it is cold and raining it might be hard to spend time with her and the others(with enough enrichment they would probably be happy as well of course!) so Maybe a warmed inside enclosure, and Maybe I am getting a bit too enthousiastic, but Maybe you can have a separate area there with a couch and supplies, and when you are there you can open the aviary and they can join you in your 'living room'. I would love it if I could give my birds an outside enclosure, but I would want it attached to the house cause I love having them inside:rolleyes: I think they would be happy there as well, Maybe you can even Train them to go into carriers and you can take them in the house to spend Some time with you! But a very big question for me would be, has she been around other budgies, and does she know she is a bird or is she imprinted on humans?

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
You could do that of course, but you know the weather in the Netherlands, if it is cold and raining it might be hard to spend time with her and the others(with enough enrichment they would probably be happy as well of course!) so Maybe a warmed inside enclosure, and Maybe I am getting a bit too enthousiastic, but Maybe you can have a separate area there with a couch and supplies, and when you are there you can open the aviary and they can join you in your 'living room'. I would love it if I could give my birds an outside enclosure, but I would want it attached to the house cause I love having them inside:rolleyes: I think they would be happy there as well, Maybe you can even Train them to go into carriers and you can take them in the house to spend Some time with you! But a very big question for me would be, has she been around other budgies, and does she know she is a bird or is she imprinted on humans?

I got her in a pet store where she was in cage with about three other budgies, so i would love to get her company. The cage she has at this moment is too small for two budgies so if i were to get a friend for her i’d have to buy a bigger cage anyways. And building it attached to the house is unfortunately not an option. I have a friend that has a lot of guinea pigs and she has an outside enclosure that connects to her house with little ‘doggy’ doors. It would be awesome to have something like that for a wonderful flock someday. :angel1::loveshower::hehe:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
I got her in a pet store where she was in cage with about three other budgies, so i would love to get her company. The cage she has at this moment is too small for two budgies so if i were to get a friend for her i’d have to buy a bigger cage anyways. And building it attached to the house is unfortunately not an option. I have a friend that has a lot of guinea pigs and she has an outside enclosure that connects to her house with little ‘doggy’ doors. It would be awesome to have something like that for a wonderful flock someday. :angel1::loveshower::hehe:
I think that would be awesome! And I think she Will get along Great with other budgies! You ate doing a Great Job for her!

Ps. Where do you get your supplies? Any particualar stores that have Nice things? The parrot things in the Netherlands are a little limited so I am Always interested in someone who might know more!

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
I think that would be awesome! And I think she Will get along Great with other budgies! You ate doing a Great Job for her!

Ps. Where do you get your supplies? Any particualar stores that have Nice things? The parrot things in the Netherlands are a little limited so I am Always interested in someone who might know more!

Well I usually just buy supplies from the same pet store. Such as the toys,regular seeds,perches and millet. It’s close to my school so I sometimes just take a pit stop hahaha besides that i sometimes buy fruit snacks if i see them at action 5DFF4A7B-A4BB-4F40-BF53-23E3D3A5FD3A.jpeg
I definitely agree that the parrot community and access to supplies in the netherlands is smaller than other countries. Then again, we are just a small tiny dot on the map!:hehe: The pet store that I go to is pets & co, there is another one but there’s one of its kind so I doubt it that there is one where you live. I try to avoid buying stuff online, unless i make sure that the company sells products that are 100% save for birds.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Thank you! Wil check those out!:D I like the kromsnavelvrienden shop, they have nice stuff, I am going to place a big order for my babies the next few days:D