• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pionus Breeders in Canada?

Geoff Lucas

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Geoff Lucas
Hi there everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows of any good Pionus breeders in Ontario or western Quebec. I'm in the process of looking for a new bird and any help would be greatly appreciated.

:birdance:

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Barbara Miller in Guelph, ON breeds white cap, blue head, maxi and dusky pionus. She's a nice, personable lady. Soltia Aviary

parrotluv

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Hi I am a breeder of white caps and blue heads, live in Aylmer, Que, in Ottawa area. Don't have babies right now but my blue heads are getting nasty

Geoff Lucas

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Geoff Lucas
Awesome, glad to know I may be able to avoid 10 hours of driving in a day! Is there a private message function on this forum? If so please PM me.(I tried to find it myself but couldn't.) I'd like to know more about your operation.

Thanks!

~Geoff Lucas

Opopanax

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Alex
@Latabatiere , I see that you just posted here looking for a pionus breeder. I happen to know that Barbara Miller at Soltia Aviary (www.soltiaaviary.ca) has some blue headed pionus that should be hatching in late October/early November.

Maybe try giving her a shout?

parrotluv

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
My pair are on eggs as well, not sure if fertilill know in about one week if babies start to hatch, there have been times when they did fertilize their eggs. We will see

cute_lil_fiend

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
@ParrotletLuv
Did your eggs end up being fertile? What pionus are you breeding at the moment.

cute_lil_fiend

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
@parrotluv
That's too bad. Please let me know though, if you do have any future clutches. I'm looking to add another pionus to my flock (ideally a dusky, bronze wing, or blue head).

cute_lil_fiend

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Reviving this thread again.

So I am in the process of reaching out to my local rescue and breeders throughout Canada to find a pionus companion for my Remy. I've contacted Oisellerie PLB, Barbara Miller, Oisellerie domingo, and even the original rearer of my boy, and others but no one has replied with any available chicks or even nesting pairs. Just as well, since I am not in a rush, but it seems that pionus are getting rarer and rarer here in Canada.

I was hoping for a baby dusky or bronze wing (love their colours), but it seems that they are like unicorns.

My local rescue has an older (21 years old!) Maxi whom I'll be going to look at, so fingers crossed.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
Good luck. They are getting harder and harder to find. Really great birds that are overlooked so often.

linkay

Moving in
Did anyone have any luck finding a BWP in Canada? I am searching for a breeder as well.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Reactions: tka