• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Bad Parrot Dad

Joseph012

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
So Moya the Cape is due to arrive tomorrow afternoon. Today I go to set up the cage for her, drag it out of the workshop piece by piece and power wash it. Go inside to put it together and realized I left the base at my old house! So now the cage is useless, and I'm searching online for a suitable cage. Luckily I have another cage that will suffice albeit smaller than I'd want. Where's the best place to look these days? I recently got three walk ins for the two greys and severe, no more room for another that big. So need a smaller macaw cage (40x30x60) I think. Here's a new picture from the breeder though just because!

Attachments

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Kings cages are good. I Really like my A & E corner cage. If you are looking at an A&E Check ebay, wayfair, Amazon, overstock.com etc. You can also get kings cages on ebay.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
She's such a cutie!!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Amazon has deals on acceptable Chinese made cages all the time that are actually pretty good. eBay has the same plus lots of better quality known name brands but of course Amazon has those too depending on your budget.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
For that cape beak you may want to look at stainless steel for durability. Capes can chip powder coat off like nothing.
Have you considered building a base for the cage you have?

Joseph012

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I did/am considering stainless steel and saw one on eBay from china for about 1,000. Not sure how well made those are though since other SS cages are more than double that. Drs.Foster and Smith has a prevue empire for $600 that doesn't look terrible- Prevue Pet Products Empire Macaw Cage #3157 | DrsFosterSmith.com I'm also trying to just figure out how to add another walk in to the bird room.

Last edited: