• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rosie baby Greenwing

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Wonderful - she's home. Now the adventures will begin. GW are a very active, obstinate, loving, arrogant bird. You will have a blast with her!!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Wonderful - she's home. Now the adventures will begin. GW are a very active, obstinate, loving, arrogant bird. You will have a blast with her!!

Which are euphemisms for rotten!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations on bringing Rosie home! You did a wonderful job designing your play stand.

Miss bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
BARBARA
@aooratrix

Hi i made the stand out of an old apple tree i asked my landlord for. I trimmed all the smaller branches off. I took took most of the bark off too. I sanded it all down. I added some broom handles for extra perches. The base is a piece of plywood which i covered with heavy duty plastic and i used the seed catches off and old cage around the base. I used a post holder to mount the tree in and bolted it to the base. Finally i added toys which were made out off dog rope toys from a trift store and i bought old wooded baby toys from a second hand shop and added the to the rope. The whole thing cost me about €10. I so glad you like it.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
How's she doing with handfeeding? How many cc's is she taking?

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
Oh that's too bad about her wings being clipped so early. How many feathers were clipped? I'm not adamant about clipping/not clipping, but I do think they learn a lot about balance and independence if they get to really learn how to fly when young. Mine flies now, but I did give her a mild clipping at one point when she decided she'd bail whenever anyone made a move to do something she didn't approve of (like putting her in her cage). She could still fly when she wanted, but it was more effortful and slowed her down a bit. But they molted and regrew and I let them alone after that. She's pretty agreeable now (knock on wood).

Miss bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
BARBARA
@aorratrix

Rosie not being hand fed she was weaned when i collected her. She is a very big girl 20170925_181735.jpg . She is eating chop and nuts along with fruit.

Miss bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
BARBARA
@ Fia baby

Hi
Rosie is clipped quite a few feathers are clipped. I would have preferred if the breeder hadn't clipped her. She has a lovely temperment at the moment. She sits out on her stand and the dogs love her. She does fly to the floor but its all a learning curve for her and me. So delighted to have her im my life. 20170923_110456.jpg

Last edited:

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
That's an adorable picture. I always feel so lucky, too, to have my birds in my life. Imagine having a bird from halfway around the world sitting on my knee in my living room - amazing!!

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
Welcome home Twinkie baby Rosie! Cute pup pictures. You'll likely get flack but you know your animals. Just be careful and enjoy sharing your home with your menagerie of critters!

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
That's because they're modern day dinosaurs, lol. Evolution rocks!
I can't help it. I love the way they look when they are babies. Animal babies are so cute! Ever seen a human baby that isn't and the mom wants you to hold him/her? I'm all "uh...nice baby." When it comes to baby animals, I'm so different! No matter what, even snails look cute. Birds are adorable!

Miss bird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
BARBARA
@Sarah13

Hi my dogs love my African grey. She comes down off her cage to them.. The lick her. My cat even love her. I cant trust them all i have 4 dogs and all of them were introduced to Rosie and Rio.. we are one big happy family 20170924_203218.jpg

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
I'm in love!!! Mine are indifferent to the birds but the birds get nervous (totally understand) and so we limit the time. My larger yorkie likes to lick the poor ones if they accidentally get too close, no one likes being soaked head to tail in doggy slobber.

SeverelySweet

Sprinting down the street
I can't help it. I love the way they look when they are babies. Animal babies are so cute! Ever seen a human baby that isn't and the mom wants you to hold him/her? I'm all "uh...nice baby." When it comes to baby animals, I'm so different! No matter what, even snails look cute. Birds are adorable!
Yep...I've seen some ugly human newborns in my life...my son fell into that category, lol. Good thing he cutened up with a quickness hahaha!

Familyof12

Real Name
Liz
She kind of looks like a juice watermelon from this angle! LOL!! Soooooo cute!!! My heart stopped beating for a moment seeing this, it's too sweet!!!