• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures I wanted to update on Tidsy

nikic613

Strolling the yard
Real Name
niki
I haven't posted here since I first got Tidsy. It has been a tough battle and I got a lot of conflicting info on this forum and many others as I have learned everyone does things differently. HOWEVER! I want to say what I did take away from everyones information has helped me get to this point with Tidsy. Daily now I am making break throughs with her and today was the best morning yet with her. I actually cried happy tears. She still will bite hence why I use gloves when she's in a tiffy but when she's in a good mood I literally take the gloves off and we have a blast. Shes playing now, respects when I block her from coming on my shoulder (I still don't trust her with that maybe someday however) and today started dancing on my finger when I had music playing and bobbed my hand up and down she started grooving to the music. Ever since I got her she's been in an insane moult the feathers that are coming in are soo luxurious and shiney its even hard to get vid of her because the sheen dances so much. Long story short............really happy I got her I didn't expect these changes in her but she does kinda like me! :) 20170920_115726.jpg 20170920_114821.jpg 20170920_112206.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's a cutie! It sound like things are progressing well with her.

Lwalker

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lori
She looks great!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Fantastic news! I'm so happy for you. :joyful:

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
:yah:

CristineK

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cristine
@nikic613 I am new to this forum so I am not familiar with the story but it sounds like you are doing a great job and it is paying off. She is adorable. How old is she?

nikic613

Strolling the yard
Real Name
niki
@nikic613 I am new to this forum so I am not familiar with the story but it sounds like you are doing a great job and it is paying off. She is adorable. How old is she?
Not sure if my post sent so trying this again lol she is a little over three years old and yep she' a total joy now. She was very scary when I first got her it took about 3 months for her to come around :)

CristineK

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cristine
@nikic613 aww that's awesome. I am excited and at the same time terrified. I miss my little guy Kobi (Jenday Conure) so much, he was so sweet but very loud lol. When I started reading about caiques and how playful, sweet and not as loud as the conures I knew I had found the right bird... then I find this forum and the good, bad and ugly thread about caiques kind of scared me a little...okay a lot. One thing I noticed by reading everyone's posts here is that no matter how difficult the bird is or how much of a hard time someone is having with the bird, they ALL seem to be so loved. There is definitely something to be said about that with a caique... I think they have their own little secret on getting you to fall in love with them, no matter what they do. BTW, she is beautiful!!!

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
She was a full grown adult when you got her? How old was she when you got her?