• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Young Molluccan in Missouri

Status
Not open for further replies.

WendyBird

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wendy
Just posting this here, after I guess years of radio silence. The local pet store in Sedalia Missouri had a 5 year old Molluccan for sale by his male owners, because he hates men.
The store owner is really nice and is doing her best, she's admitted she's just in love with him because he's a doll baby. Assuming it's male because he does have a preference for women as said.

He is still fully feathered responds well to body language and whistles a few tunes, he doesn't seem particularly devious and gives clear signals of wanting attention. Moseyed up to the bars and let anyone who wants too give him a pet. According to the store owners on either side of teh shop he is quiet as long as the store is open and someone is around. But they close early in the evening and as soon as he's alone he starts hollering.

Not the store owner. Not the Owner. Not even technically an adoption. But I wanted to put this here because he's a good baby and I thought maybe if people from here knew he was there he might have the best shot of getting a good home. I think he comes with his cage, which is much too small btw, It's one of those narrow rectangle cages you often see Zons in.

Call and talk to the store owner and she'll give you the low down, as I said she's kind of fallen in love with him but can't pay the owners asking price herself.

((If I wasn't still working full time with TBI/special needs clients I would scoop him up in a heartbeat I'D CHARGE IT AND GO INTO DEBT. But with a high stress job I know I would bring that home to the poor angel baby, and it would be bad for us both.))

Last edited by a moderator:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Awwwww...poor baby. I hope he finds a home soon.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
If you're trying to find him a home the pet stores name may need to be listed and possible price. More info including if he has been vet checked, how he does with other birds and his diet would be helpful, too. :)

WendyBird

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wendy
It's literally "The Pet Shop" in Sedalia, it's a pretty small city, they are down on Main St. :)

He's on pellets currently, the shop owner said he's eating a mix of two brands Zupreem and something else, but he picks the second brand out and tosses it so... basically he's on Zupreem.

I doubt he's been vet checked, and he's in a shop with a couple other birds so you will definitely need to do that, and quarantine. But as I said he is in full feather, no signs of barbering or plucking, bright eyed, he's on an emery perch though and there's only one other perch in there which is his eating perch.

The owners want $2200, but I think that includes his small cage, which could be kept as a sleeping cage but not much else. I'm sure the owner can put you in touch with them and they might be willing to come down, or accept payments.

Hope this helps!

WendyBird

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wendy

Just an update: Picture of the pretty boy taken today so everyone could see him. He obligingly came down to the front of the cage and posed there for me to take a pic when he saw me take my phone out and point it at him. He's still available, and yes, he is nearly as long as the cage he is in is tall. He figured out how to dump his water today, he has eaten his second perch (cholla wood) and only has the one you see behind him to sit on now. The shop owner is trying to get his owners to come in and help her trim his wings (he's fully flighted right now) so she can put him on a playstand during the day (she knows he needs out of that cage and is bored) without worrying he'll fly out the door. Still a total baby, comes right up for a pet as soon as he sees a woman look at him, also today he shouted at the Shop Owner and myself as we left the room, couldn't make out what he was saying but it was words, so he talks.

This is at the Pet Shop, on Main St. in Sedalia, MO. Other than the new PetSmart it's the only pet place in town.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a cutie! :pinklol3: Sorry to hear he has to get clipped, but if it gets him out of the cage I guess it might be worth it as long as the shop owners know that isn't a guarantee.
And what a ham, posing for the camera!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
What a beauty.

WendyBird

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Wendy
Update:
Just stopped by the store today and the Shop owner caved and bought this good boy! She was in love with him so I'm not suprised. He has a new cage the size of a moderately sized closet 7ft tall and with more perches. Set in the middle of the room so he can flirt with everyone who comes by And boy does he! He is very proud of his new place and his new parront talked about how she knows someone who does woodworking and will be providing her with drilled scraps of wood (like 2x4) to keep him in toys so he can stop eating his perches.

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh! I'm so happy he has been adopted by someone who is smitten with him :)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Update:
Just stopped by the store today and the Shop owner caved and bought this good boy! She was in love with him so I'm not suprised. He has a new cage the size of a moderately sized closet 7ft tall and with more perches. Set in the middle of the room so he can flirt with everyone who comes by And boy does he! He is very proud of his new place and his new parront talked about how she knows someone who does woodworking and will be providing her with drilled scraps of wood (like 2x4) to keep him in toys so he can stop eating his perches.
Awesome update!

Status
Not open for further replies.